Proposal

Jayson.

My heart is pounding so loud since I received a call from Steph that Zeph is finally awake. Medyo nagtampo pa nga ako na hindi nila ako tinawagan but I understand them too. They just wanted me to take a rest because I've been restless since the accident.

My mind and my heart are clouded with excitement and honestly, with fear too. I have a lot of what ifs in my mind. I closed my eyes and shook my head. I don't want to be pessimistic but I just can't help it.

I've hurt her and made her cry for countless of times. I was so rude to her and even if I love her to hell and heaven, I wasn't able to show it to her properly. I was so coward and I think I'm being coward again.

But then, I'm also excited. I want to touch her face. I want to kiss her. I want to see her laugh or smile at me. I want to hear her call me mine. God, I want her because I love her. I love her so much that it hurts not to be by her side.

I entered the hospital. I am carrying a basket of flowers on my right hand and a basket of fruits on my left hand. I am sweating cold. Kinakabahan ako at para akong maiihi na ewan. I can feel the rush of butterflies in my stomach. Jesus! Para akong teenager na first time manligaw!

Pero totoo naman eh! First time kong manligaw ngayon! I never courted Steph. Yung nangyari sa amin basta na lang nangyari. We just dated, we found ourselves enjoying each other's company so we jumped into a higher level of relationship.

Nang makarating ako malapit sa kuwarto niya ay nakita kong nasa labas si Miguel at Steph na palabas. Agad akong lumapit.

"H-hi!" Lumingon sila sa akin at nilapitan ako ni Steph humalik sa pisngi ko na agad naman nakarinig ng pagsuway kay Miguel.

"You don't need to kiss him..." He snorted.

Napailing si Steph but she smiled at us. I am a bit surprised on how red her eyes are pati ang kanyang ilong. She must have been crying.

"Is everything, okay?" Nag-aalala kong tanong. I know Zeph is okay but I know, too, that Steph and Zeph aren't okay. And I don't want that to stay like that.

Nawala ang pangamba ko ng ngumiti sa akin si Steph. A smile with full of joy, relief, and satisfaction.

"Yep. I am happy she forgave me. I know I don't deserve it but she gave it to me easily. She's really an angel." She said smiling widely.

Ngumiti na rin ako pabalik. "That's good to hear."

"Kaya nga eh." She said. "Oh, hinahanap ka na pala niya, right Migs?" Nilingon niya si Miggy. Tumango ito at right at that moment ay bumalik ang kaba na nararamdaman ko kanina.

Parang mas malala pa nga ngayon. Tagktak na naman ang pawis ko.

"Kinakabahan ka, dude?" Tanong ni Miguel na nakangisi.

"H-hindi ah!" Pagtanggi ko pero napangiwi lang ako ng parehas nila akong tinawanan.

"The Mighty Jayson is scared of Zephanie! Hahaha!" Pang-aasar ni Miguel.

Napailing na lang ako sa pang-aasar nila. I guess I can never deny this. Alam kong may kasalanan ako eh.

Moments later, their laughter died down at saka ako inakbayan ni Miguel. "This won't be easy pero I'm with you on this. We'll support you, right wife?"

Steph grinned at me. "Of course! You deserve each other. Basta promise me that you'll take care of my sister. Mahal na mahal ko siya kaya sana huwag na huwag mo siyang sasaktan."