The Proposal and The Conditions

Zeph.

After eating and flirting a bit, he volunteered to wash the dishes. He actually ordered me to go back to the bed because he thinks that I’m still tired. Halos hindi ko kasi nagalaw ang pagkain ko sa sobrang hiya at pag-iwas sa mga ngiti niya.

We also exchanged each other’s full name. He said his name is Jayson Sio.

 I told him my full name which is Zephanie Torres. Hindi ko alam kung pagtataka ba o pagkabigla ang nakita ko pero he asked me kung bakit daw Fany ang sinabi ko na pangalan ko samantalang pwede naman daw na Zephanie or Zeph.

I actually don’t understand myself why I said that my name is Fany. The name Fany is so close to my heart before. It was more of an endearment for me. My ex and my evil sister used to call me Fany. Actually yun din ang tawag ko kay Stephanie noon. Kaya lang nung ikinasal sila nawala na. Hindi na rin naulit na may tumawag sa akin ng ganoon.

And now, maybe I just missed being called like that. But he said he doesn’t want to call me Fany. He said that he’ll stick with Zeph or baby. Ewan ko. But a part of me is disappointed that he doesn’t want to call me Fany anymore.

Anyway, I agreed to his offer to clean the kitchen but even before I walk out of the kitchen ay nakarinig na ako ng pagkabasag mula sa lababo. I ran hurriedly and looked at the sink and found a broken cup.

“I’m sorry. It slipped out of my hand.” He said and scratched the back of his head. Doon pa alam ko ng hindi siya sanay sa trabaho. And this is one of his weaknesses, well, a typical weakness of a man.

“Just clean the table and I’ll wash the dishes. Okay na tulong na iyon.” I said but he still seemed apologetic.

“Ah, c-can I just help you here?” I shook my head. “you don’t do this thing, Jayson. So, don’t force yourself to do it.”

I am determined to push him out of the kitchen but he just protested. “Who told you that I don’t do such things?” Nanliit ang mga mata ko. Ipipilit talaga niya ang gusto niya.

“Okay, let me rephrase that. You do it but you can’t do it, right?” But he just protested more. He started removing the broken pieces of the mug as careful as possible.

“You don’t know me yet, Zeph. Ano ka manghuhula?” I sighed. Alam kong hindi siya papatalo. “Jayson, I’m a psychologist. You’re easy to read.”

Napamaang ito sa akin at dahan-dahang ibinaba ang sponge sa lababo.