The Start

ZEph.

"I'll be home today. I-uh-yeah. I will. See you later, mine."

I ended the phone call and sighed heavily before I face Miguel who was watching me during the entire phone call that I had with Jayson. He looked hurt and God knows how much I want to take all of his pains and frustrations but I am equally wounded as him.

I smiled weakly as I sat right next to him. He didn't move. He was just looking at me and I couldn't help but to think of something that could somehow take away some of his pains.

I moved closer to him and leaned on his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Migz." I said softly.

He draped his arm on my shoulder and pulled me closer to kiss the top of my head. "It's okay. I let you go and now I have to face the reality that you're not mine anymore."

I shook my head. "No, I didn't fight for you, for us. It's my fault from the start."

We stared at each other's eyes at some time. For more than a year, I can now see the eyes that made me fall for him for a thousand times. Those eyes that showed comfort, love, and care on weakest and strongest points of my life.

I just wish that I can fall for the same pair of eyes again and fix everything but I can't anymore. They may have annulment soon but that doesn't mean that I will run to him and be with him like a child in my sister's womb was not made. They will have a child and I hope that they will reconcile soon.

And aside from that, though I don't want to be selfish, I wish Miguel and Steph to be together so Jayson and I can be together too. You may call me selfish but this time I want to fight and stand for the person that I love. I was a coward that's why I lost Miguel and I don't want that to happen again. I'll push my luck.

Jayson might still love Steph until now but I'll make sure that he'll fall for me too. I'll make him fall for me because he made me fall for him. YES, I am completely and undeniably in love with him and I won't let anything or anyone take him away from me.

"He's such a lucky bastard, right?" Miguel said.

"Yeah." I chuckled. "He is lucky but I'm luckier."

"Does he love you?" I was taken aback with his question. I moved and sat properly setting a little bit of distance between us.

"He m-makes me h-happy."