35. The Overlooked

Começar do início

"Derek ! Derek !" Scott pleaded, Derek released her, allowing air back into her lungs.

"That's right. You need me -- all of you" Jennifer chuckled to herself.

On the road

"How's Lydia ?" You asked Allison over the phone.

"She's got bruising on her neck. They're taking her to a hospital downtown because Beacon Memorial is being evacuated" Allison informed you.

"Yeah, I know. I'm on my way there now to get Cora" You swerved to avoid a fallen tree on the road.

"You're driving ?! Do you not know how serious this storm is ?!" Allison scolded.

"Considering the down pour of rain, the fallen tree blocking half the road and the thunder and lightning ... I'm gonna say it's pretty bad" You switched the windscreen wipers onto the highest setting.

"And it's gonna get worse. I overheard an EMT saying the back up generators might to too old to last if the power goes out" Allison checked Isaac and Argent were still at the school.

"I'll be fine. I have werewolf healing, remember ?" You indicated onto an abandoned road, no one else was insane enough to drive in a storm like this.

"Just, please, be careful. I don't want you in the hospital too" She pleaded.

"I promise. I'll call you back when we've got Cora. And tell Isaac to meet us at the hospital" You ended the phone call.

Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital

Rain pours, the storm outside gathering momentum, you arrive at the hospital, climbing out of your car.

"... What's that ?" Scott gestured to the bat in Stiles's hands.

"Well, you got claws, I got a bat" He lifts it in the air.

You, Scott, Stiles, Derek and Jennifer enter the emergency room, Derek firmly gripping Jennifer by the upper arm.

"Scott ! Scott ! What are you doing here ? The hospital's evacuating ..." Mrs McCall spotted the four of you standing behind her son.

"We're here for Cora" Scott explained to her.

"What, all of you ? ... Why does Stiles have my bat ?" Melissa frowned.

"Mum, just trust me on this -- you need to get out of here, right now" He warns her.

"The building is supposed to be clear in thirty minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back -- one's ten minutes out, the other's twenty. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage" Melissa informes the group.

"Okay. Got it. Thanks, Mrs McCall" You nod, taking on board the information.

Entering the elevator, clicking the button for the correct floor, you grabbed Jennifer's other arm.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help" She rolled her eyes.

"Bitches belong on leashes" You tighten your grip on her upper arm.

Stiles held his bat in the air defensively, Scott death glared her, arms folded over his chest.

"Did you really have to bring those two ?" She gestured to the pair.

"We didn't have to bring you" You shove her forwards when the elevator doors open.

You and Derek go first, keeping a close eyes on Jennifer, Scott and Stiles hold back, you checked Cora's room.