Chapter 50

It's the Endgame*Avengers music intensifies*

~

"What the- Get off of me you insolent child! I'll make this work..." I gave an 'oof' as I hit the floor rolling, having been shaken roughly off of All For One's leg. I could hear noise and movement all around me, and there was heat coming from all directions. As I finally managed to open my eyes, still streaming from being choked by the unceremonious teleportation method, I felt my blood run cold. We were in an area I recognised as Kamino, an industrial area full of big warehouses. Except, there was no warehouse where All For One stood. Just a flat area with fire and scorched remains covering the dirt and cement ground.

"Hina!" A voice yelled. I pulled my head up off of the ground, groggy, to see that at least a hundred pairs of eyes were on me. The area had been taped off and it was surrounded by a mix of first responders, journalists, and curious members of the public. The fire must have levelled a warehouse and caused the crowd. "Let me through, I'm a hero and that's my girlfriend!" I finally found Kat, who was fighting against the arms of a police officer as he tried to jump the tape to get to me. The rest of the group were surrounding him, watching on with horrified concern. Midoriya's arm was bent at an unnatural angle, swelling and bruised. Another police officer was fussing over him, much to his dismay. I frowned, but before I could respond in any way, a hand gripped the back of my hero costume's collar and I was lifted off the ground like a cub.

"Don't interrupt me." He demanded before dropping me uncaringly. I hissed in pain, the ringing that had just left quickly returning to my ears. Regardless, I slowly stood up on shaky legs as he turned to address the crowd. "Here I have the niece of your 'Symbol of Peace'. If All Might is not here in three minutes, I'll kill her. And for each extra minute I'm kept waiting, I'll kill a member of the-"

"Here I have All For One, the master villain behind the League of Villains." I goaded loudly, throwing my arms out in the same way that All For One just had moments before. He froze, going completely tense. But it didn't stop me. "He collected misfits to carry out his orders so that he could defeat All Might, the only person capable of stopping him, before he could train a successor to take on our ancient evil. Tomura Shigaraki was a pawn, taken from the streets as a child and brainwashed by All For One into becoming a villain. This man steals quirks and hands them off to those he praises as 'worthy', but it's only to hold power over them. I have one of these quirks." A ripple of shock went through the crowd. I found a camera nearby and looked into it as the man holding it focused it on me. "I too was kidnapped and brainwashed in an attempt to use me against my hero family. And I too have one of his quirks. But I am not a villain. I am a student of Yuuei High in class 1-A. My father is my homeroom teacher, my classmates are my rocks. I am Hinami Hata, The Reflection Hero; Ray, and I will be the best pro hero you've ever seen! All For One, you'll be killing nobody! You'll have to get through me first!" I shouted, curling my hands into tight fists.

Silence.

Laughter...

All For One was doubled over with laughter.

"You think that you can take on me?"

"I don't think it. I know it."

"Fine. I feel like stretching my muscles a little anyway." He shot his arm forward, and long blades followed suit, aimed straight at me. My eyes widened and my feet became glued to the ground as though I was a deer in headlights. But when I braced, crossing my arms over my face in an x and closing my eyes, I found that the blade crashed into the mirror on my arm, shattering it and leaving it useless.

"Good." I gulped, trying to keep my voice steeled. "Now it's my turn." The last pair of hand mirrors felt cold in my palm. I wound up and threw one.

"Is that it? You didn't even hit me." The villain mocked me.