Chapter 7

The class gathered in the clearing outside of the living quarters. Tenya wanted to 'allocate spaces' so that we wouldn't disturb or accidentally hurt one another, which was actually a very sensible idea, as much as I hate to admit it. I also needed someone to waste my time; I have no idea what to train. Strengthen Encase, or start working on Shatter? Which one? If I worked on either moves, I'd need other people. But Shatter specifically needed Father so he could erase my quirk if needed. Luckily, my father and uncle, who were watching from the sidelines, saw my troubled look and offered to help me with Shatter.

Once everyone was set in place, I took out my mirror and put it under my eye, pointing it towards Toshi.

All I had to do was imagine that he was as fragile as his reflection and break him. After taking a deep breath and preparing, I hesitated.

"I don't think it's going to hurt but-"

"Are you stalling?" Father asked sternly.

"Well I've never tried it on a human before! And I always have trouble getting the pieces back together. I just think I should try on a plant again. I don't want anything bad to happen..."

"Don't worry, little one! You can do it." Uncle reassured me. I reset my stance, took a deep breath and focused on Toshi's large outline. My hand shook slightly. What if it really hurt? What if it forced him into his true form and his secret was discovered? What if I couldn't bring him back and he was stuck as shards of glass forever?

Clearly frozen in place and stuck in my own thoughts, my father sighed and patted my shoulder.

"You're going to have to do this at one point." I looked at the ground, hanging my head dejectedly.

"I know."

"Don't look so down. You'll get there eventually." Uncle grinned. I nodded, still upset at myself. Well, not upset. More frustrated, I guess. Why couldn't I just do it? I looked across at everyone else training hard, clearly trying their best to push themselves and improve their quirks. And here I was, unable to even try.

"Let's practice Encase. Try and trap All Might and me." Father instructed, grabbing his binding and throwing it over his shoulders. Taking a fighting stance, I grinned. I love sparring with Father.

"Oh yeah! Get ready to have your asses kicked!"

After a few hours we decided to call off training for an hour to have some lunch and get some energy. I had captured my uncle, then had to fight and capture my father, then hold them both for as long as I could. Then repeat almost as soon as they got out. Long story short, I was exhausted and my quirk was almost completely drained. I don't think I've ever trained for this long with no breaks before. Even Father was feeling the effects of his quirk.

"Whoever's making lunch today," He called, tipping his head back and putting his eyedrops in. "Hurry up about it."

Tokoyami and Aoyama were making lunch today, and decided to make curry and rice. It was easy and filling. I just hoped that we wouldn't end up having curry for every meal.

We all congregated in the dining hall and sat in our seats. I fell heavily in mine and leaned my back against Katsu's arm. I could feel the sweat on him, and heat radiated from his hands and arms. He also smelled even more like caramel than he did before.

"What are you doing?" He yelled, pushing me upright.

"You smell good. Is that from your quirk?" He simply spluttered at me, his face red from what I could only guess was anger. The others laughed, and I saw Mina and Kiri nudge each other out of the corner of my eye. After making idle chat for about ten minutes, Tokoyami placed a bowl full of curry and rice in front of me.