Chapter 11

Scary: Hey guys. Anyone wanna come root through some archives in the library with me

Spidey: thats so random

Sparky: wtf

Pinky: wut

Scary: Just answer the damn question

Pinky: oooh

sry babes... busy

Rocky: me too. Gym time!

Sparky: i have no life so sure

Spidey: what time?

Scary: 12

Sparky: sur

Spidey: ok :)

Angry: See you there

Losers

I planned to go to the library and try to find the date that I was orphaned in the archives. Surely it would give me some insight into what happened to my parents. I didn't have an exact date, but I was adopted on the 7th of May 2009. I know because we have a party every year to celebrate, I treat it like my birthday. If I look a little while before that, surely I'll find something.

As 12 o'clock rolled around, we all met up in front of the town's library. It was a large, looming building made of cobblestone way back about 400 years ago. Kami, Sero, Katsuki and I entered the building as they asked what they were looking for.

"So some time between June and July of 2009, there was an incident. A man and woman died. My family members, so look for the name Hata. I think there was a fire. My parents are hiding something from me, I know it, and it's important that I find out what happened."

"Important to what?" Sero asked, furrowing his brow.

"I can't really explain that at the moment. This is a no questions kind of operation right now. If you don't wanna help because of that-"

"Don't be dumb. What are friends for?" Kami laughed.

"Searching through a musty old library for info on some dead people, apparently." Katsuki replied in an oddly good natured way, going into an aisle and pulling down a box. "Let's start here."

We started making our way through the large cardboard box. We pulled out file after file to no avail. Once we finished with that box, we pulled out another. A few boxes later, Kami gave an 'ooh ooh ooh!' of excitement. I grabbed the file.

June 15th, 2009. The same date from Father's laptop. And it said something about a fire! As I started to flick through for more information, my face fell. It was almost all redacted. All that stared back at me was black bars. I slapped it down and buried my face in my hands.

"I think this is the one. And it's all fucking covered up!" Katsuki picked up the file and looked through it himself.

"Hey look." He took out a piece of paper and held it up to the light, putting his face close to it and squinting. "It does say Hata! Mariko Hata and... I can't see the first name, sorry." I snapped my head up, my eyes wide and my mouth pulled into a smile.

"That's great! I have something more to go off of now! Mariko Hata." I tried my hardest to think back to my earliest years. Was there a Mariko there? Did the name ring a bell? It was no use. My earliest memory was when I moved in with my parents.