Chapter 49

"Shut up, Endeavour." I eventually snapped as we made our way back to the surface. He had been grumbling and complaining the whole way up, something about Todoroki needing to do better. "Todoroki has been putting his all into this, just like the rest of us. It isn't too late to put you back."

"Get your child in line, Eraserhead." He growled. "Before I do." My eyes, cold and unwavering, scanned him meticulously. Without his stupid beard of flames, he looked quite pathetic. And even Mineta could probably take him in a fight while he was in such a bad condition. Cuts and bruises and marks littered his skin, and his hands were blue. Despite the quirk suppressing handcuffs, the League had submerged his hands in icy water for long periods of time. I felt no sympathy.

"Aw, so scared of me that you need to get my parents to step in? I'll freeze you right here. Don't test me, little man."

"Little-" He spluttered, probably more offended than he'd ever been before. Good. It's about time someone put that jerk in his place. Todoroki looked at me, his eyes soft and his smile telling me that he found the whole thing just as funny as Kat did.

Kat was outright laughing, by the way.

"Shut up, Enji." Hawks tutted, saying his first words of the whole ordeal. He had circles under his eyes, and his usually large and magnificent wings were but stubs of their former glory.

"Guys, do you have the main four?" I heard Yaomomo's voice through Kat's earpiece.

"Yep!" Mido beamed. "We're on our way back topside now."

"And we'll be one down at this rate." I grumbled under my breath, causing Kat to snort.

"Please do not be so blase." Iida scolded. "We are still in the thick of it. Stay vigilant!"

"You're so uptight." Kami whined. "Half the class has saved a bunch of heroes in this building alone. And we don't even know how many the other half saved."

"There's another building?" Father groaned as he took a step forward and winced. I frowned and put a hand on his arm, but he brushed me off and carried on walking, hardening his expression.

"Yes, just next door." Iida informed him. "This building has less heroes, but it's everyone either higher up the ranks, such as All Might and Hawkes," Endeavour made a noise of anger at not being mentioned. "Or people who are important to the League's mission, such as you and Present Mic."

"What is their mission?" Hawkes huffed. "I don't really appreciate being swept up like a leaf in the wind and dumped in here with no idea why." Everyone turned to me.

"You're so right." Mina swooned, too star-struck by seeing her new favourite hero in the flesh. Somehow, I knew she was considering asking him to sign something.

"I- Uh." I could feel my face burning under everyone's eyes. "Well they want to destroy the hero society. They want to watch it crumble and burn, only for their band of misfits to walk out of the flames and become the people everyone turns their eyes to. They want to be on top, and they want all of the power that comes with that. It's so they can change society into one where they won't be discriminated against or put down because of their quirks. From my understanding, anyway." I muttered the last sentence, ducking my head bashfully. I didn't think that now was the time to have the whole 'they want a world where they're accepted debate'.

"Ooh, I want to be all powerful!" Kat mocked. "What an original villain goal."

"Well, it's a good job we don't seek your approval, Katsuki Bakugo." A deep, booming voice echoed around us. My hand grabbed onto Kat's arm. "If I did, I'd be heartbroken."

"It's him." Mido squeaked, his face devoid of any colour aside from his freckles.

"A pleasure to finally meet you, ninth." My free arm shot out in front of Mido protectively, and I prayed that nobody would notice how much I was trembling.