Chapter 29

"We've found her!" Mic looked up to see Aizawa leaning forward, one hand on the door frame, panting heavily. "Members of the League have been seen around the warehouse at Phillipa Street multiple times this week."

"This is great news!" He stood up and wrapped his husband in a tight embrace. "She can come home." Aizawa squeezed even tighter.

"Nezu said that there's going to be a meeting tonight so that we can make a plan."

"Then let's get ready. Hinami needs us at the top of our game." The couple smiled at each other, warmed by the thought of their daughter coming home.

"So. Are we all clear?" Nezu asked, looking around at the serious faces of the pros around him. They all nodded sharply. "Good. Go and get a good night's sleep. See you all tomorrow. Dismissed."

Back at the LoV base, Hinami had settled in well. It was like she had always been there. Shigaraki had been making sure that everyone had told her many of their worst stories regarding heroes. Something in Hinami wouldn't waver, however. She still expressed some confusion regarding her feelings. After all, her parents were heroes, and her love for them was unbreakable, though it wasn't for lack of trying on Kyo's part. He managed to mask it as much as he could, but it was like she was aware that something was missing. Even though Shigaraki was cold and bristley towards the members of the league, he was always nicer to Hinami, especially when they were alone. He was always making some kind of physical contact with her, usually in the form of laying his head on her lap.

This was how they were currently sitting. He was laying on his back, eyes closed peacefully. Hinami was reading a book, gently running her fingers through his hair. Despite getting used to his surprising demeanour, that little feeling in the back of her mind never went away. Suddenly, she stopped, causing him to open his eyes. She sat her book down and sighed heavily.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I'm just wondering... What's it going to be like going to UA again?" Shigaraki sat up, searching her expression for a moment.

"Why are you thinking about them?"

"Wh-"

"When I'm here with you, you should only think about me." She gave him a soft smile. He wasn't the best with words, but she knew that this was his way of trying to help. Cupping his cheek, she leant in and pressed their lips together for a brief moment. Unsatisfied with the chaste kiss, he pushed her down into the bed and started peppering her cheeks, causing her to giggle.

"T-Tomura! That tickles!"

"That's much better." He hummed, leaning back to admire her flushed cheeks and wide grin.

"Idiot." She muttered, pulling him in and capturing him in a kiss. A harsh knock interrupted their fun. Shigaraki groaned, rolled off of Hinami, then called for them to come in. Twice and Dabi stood at the door, Twice clearly very nervous, Dabi with a smug look.

"Hope we didn't interrupt."

"What do you want?" Shigaraki hissed.

"The boss has called a meeting. He wants everyone in the bar." Twice informed them. Hinami shared a look with Shigaraki before they both got up - Shigaraki somewhat reluctantly - and followed the pair into the bar.

"Hello again, my children. Hata, I hope everything is well with your new quirk?" She nodded, a little giddy at being addressed by such an... extravagant character for the second time. "The heroes will be staging an attack on the warehouse tomorrow at noon. I expect you already know what to do?" Everyone gave an affirmative response. "Good. I can't wait to get the gears in motion." He gave a menacing cackle. It made Hinami play with her fingers uncomfortably. She agreed that the system was corrupt and that some heroes, like Zap, were bad but... Is this really the right thing?