Chapter 39

I stumbled into Kiri's bathroom, trying not to knock over the masses of hair products on his sink. After waiting to listen for any danger as promised, I crept into the room. It was very tidy and very red. It smelt like a gym and that strawberry protein milkshake thing he always drinks. I grabbed Kirishima's school bag and dumped the contents on his bed as quietly as possible. I put the phone back in then got to work grabbing his pyjama trousers from under his pillow - he had spoken about keeping them there before - and a pair of black sweats and a Crimson Riot top from his wardrobe.

"This feels so wrong. Apologies to your privacy, Kiri." I whispered into the air before opening his underwear draw, grabbing the first pair my hands found and shoving them in his bag, barely looking. After collecting his phone charger, hairbrush, and crocs, I slung the bag over my shoulder and left for Kami's room.

It went as smoothly as Kiri's did, and I was a little more comfortable with his underwear as I had already seen them. I learnt to never forget about knocking very quickly after that one time... I shivered at the memory. I took out some black ripped jeans, a white graphic tee, and a black jacket with yellow detailing on it. Kami always wore trainers to class like Mina, Sero and I do, so there was no need to take shoes. Two down, four to go!

Sero's room took the longest. It was like his room was inspired by a maze. Nothing seemed to have a set place. Once I managed to track down some washed out jeans, a plain black tee, his favourite hoodie, and his pants, I got ready to go. His smoke box was on his nightstand. I sucked in a reluctant breath before grabbing it and shoving it in with everything else. He should be granted this one luxury, I suppose.

Once I was in Mina's room, I gave a sigh of relief. I could deal with this. There was an outfit already folded up on her desk chair, as always; she hated being in school uniform for too long and always prepared the next day's outfit the evening before.. After grabbing the other essentials, like a hairbrush, I made my way to my room.

I stood in my bathroom and waited. The smell of perfume and ash filled the air. It was like... smoke. But not from a cigarette...

"Did you hear something?"

"No, Shiggy. You must be imagining things." Toga and Shigaraki were here. My body tensed up in apprehension.

"No. I'm sure I heard something from the bathroom."

"Go look then." She was probably rolling her eyes. Without waiting for anything else, I threw myself at my mirror.

Once I was in the mirror dimension, in safety, I peered out into the real world. Shigaraki walked into the room and looked around the room for a moment before settling his eyes on the mirror. He walked over and sighed, resting four of his fingers and his forehead on the cool glass.

"I miss you." His words were soft and slurred by the bridge between the dimensions. But I heard them. Did he know I was in there, or was he just speaking into the void? "Come back to me, Hinami. I'll get him to forgive you. I promise." Was he talking about All for One? I squeezed my eyes tight and left.

Once I got to Kat's room and knew I was safe, I sank to the floor. My legs were shaking so much I could barely stand. But there was no time to think about my feelings. The others would be wondering where I got to. I took out some grey sweats for him and some black ones for me. The cut would be weird on me, but he was so slim that his clothes would fit well enough. I chose a black tank top for him - not just so that I could see his muscles, I swear - and a black top with a skull for me. After getting whatever else I needed and checking the bag to see if I missed anything, I went back to my room. Just in case they had left.

I planted my feet on the magnolia tiles and froze. The door was open. And Shigaraki was there. His back was to me, but as soon as I landed, his head raised. No matter how much I willed it, my hand refused to reach out and take me away.