Chapter 3

"The woodland training programme is an opportunity for you to go to a forest for a week and train together. The teachers will be there to look over you, but the point of the trip is independence. You will cook your own food, clean any messes you make. You will act as though you are alone. Any questions? No? Okay then. I would like you to make plans as a class. You must choose a class representative first. Then you will draw up a table giving each person a job to do on a particular day. Be done in the next fifty minutes. And don't disturb my nap."

With that, Aizawa curled up in his sleeping bag and dozed off.

I wasn't interested in any of the class rep shit. I didn't want to be one, and I didn't care who took the job. A paper was sent around, and I was told to put down a vote. I skimmed over the names and put a tick next to Iida's name before passing it on. By the time I had finished daydreaming, Iida had been picked as the class rep, and Yaoyorozu was the vice rep. When I looked at the board, I had a vote. I wondered who it was from. Baku-bo was making a noise about how he should have been chosen, and me and Todo rolled our eyes when our gazes met. What a nuisance.

Iida and Yaoyorozu drew up a table for the week and put different tasks down. Again, I didn't really care about what I did.

"Hata. How's your cooking?"

"Pretty decent."

"Okay. You can cook on Friday night with Bakugo." Iida wrote our names on the table.

"What? Why are you sticking me with her for?"

"Sorry, Baku-bo. You're just gonna have to put your big boy pants on and deal with it."

"What did you just say to me, you shitty extra?" I looked around and asked.

"Does anyone want to swap with me? No?"

Next thing I knew, Baku-bo had jumped out of his seat, pulled me out of mine, and gripped the front of my shirt in a tight fist. His hand was close to my face, and I could feel the sizzling heat start to build up.

"Bakugo!" Someone yelled.

"Stop. Calling me that." I defiantly looked into his eyes. Listen, I wouldn't say I was an adrenaline junkie, or someone who goes looking for trouble. There was just something so satisfying about seeing the spikey blonde explode with anger.

"Calling you what, Baku-bo?" He yelled and a small explosion popped next to my cheek. I reached into my pocket and pulled out two, small, round mirrors. I dropped one and flicked the other behind the angry boy. With a smile, I put my foot on the mirror and activated my quirk.

My body dropped. It was like a mini roller coaster that only lasted for a split second. Then, my feet hit the ground again. I was back.

The Mirror Dimension.

Here, it was a vast white nothingness, only broken by the slivers of the real world escaping in through the openings in the space around me. That's where there were mirrors. I jumped up and touched the mirror that I had positioned behind Baku-bo, and a familiar sucking feeling pulled at my body, dragging me through the mirror and placing me behind the angry blonde. I pinned him against the wall with my forearm, his cheek squishing into the wall.

"What? Where did you just go!" He demanded as he struggled against me. "One second I was holding you, then you're there."

"You're clearly very confused, Baku-bo..."

"We all are." Mido added. "We thought your quirk was something to do with imitation-"

"It is."

The bell rang, signalling the end of the day. Nobody moved.

"Why are you all still standing in my class?" Aizawa's flat voice asked from behind the teacher's desk. I turned away from the seething boy and picked up my bag.

"I'll stop calling you Baku-bo. If that's what you really want." He walked over to me, and leaned in close, like he was trying to find my catch.

"What's the conditions? What are you gonna get out of it?"

"Fine, you caught me." I started walking out of class. "Call me Hinami."

"Why?"

"I don't want to be the only one in our friendship using given names, Katsu-kun." I laughed at the dumbfounded faces of the class before waltzing out.

Despite my wicked exit, I didn't actually go very far. I wanted to see where my new friends lived, and if anyone wanted to walk with me.

Uraraka and Iida walked out, Todo and Mido following close behind. Mido had a smitten look on his face. I couldn't blame him; Todo is pretty good looking, even if he isn't my type.

"That was unnecessarily dramatic, Hata." Iida scolded, pushing up his glasses.

"It was badass!" Uraraka jumped up excitedly.

"I've never seen Kacchan look so confused!" Mido giggled.

"But we're confused too. What is your quirk?"

"All in due time, Todo. You'll see."

"Can I have a nickname too?" Asked Uraraka. "You've already got Todo, Deku has 'Deku' and 'Mido', you're on a first name basis with Bakugo... I feel left out!"

"I can't really think of nicknames when I have to. They just kind of happen. So I'll call you Ochaco!"

"Yay!" Ochaco cheered.

"Looks like you're the only one left, Tenya..." Mido teased.

"You are all very relaxed about calling people by their given names." Us three nodded, and Todo just shrugged. Sighing heavily, Tenya finally agreed to being 'Tenya'. This seemed to put Ochaco in an impeccable mood.

"Where do you guys live?" I asked. Everyone pointed in their respective directions. The only person who went a different way was Tenya. We bid our goodbyes and started walking, making idle chat about school, and how new and exciting everything is. As we were walking, we saw Katsu and Kirishima walking in front of us.

"Katsu-kun! Kiri!" I called, before turning to Ochaco. "See. Just happens." The boys turned around, and Kiri waved at us.

"Why are you here?"

"We walk this way, Kacchan. We-"

"Shut up, Deku!"

I watched Katsu's face contort in anger. It's like his default setting.

"What are you looking at?" He snarled, realising I was staring.

"You'd be a lot prettier if you smiled more." Ochaco and Todo put their hands over their mouths to stifle their giggles, and Kiri laughed outright.

"You two are more alike than you realise." Katsu started yelling and hitting at his new friend, who had activated his hardening quirk to counter the angry blonde. What a good pair.

Once Katsu had gotten his anger out, we all started walking together. Ochaco, Mido and Kiri were chatting, Mido would ocasionally get Todo to say a word or two, and I would interject with a dumb comment here and there. Katsu stayed silent and furious the entire time.

One by one, a person would peel away from the group until it was just me and Katsu.

"I don't like you." He stated.

"Okay." He stopped in his tracks.

"I think I hate you."

"Joke's on you. You'll never hate me as much as I hate myself." I laughed, walking past him. "Hey, you don't really have an issue with me calling you Katsu-kun, do you?" He grunted, unhelpfully. "Come on! Talk to me! You're not getting rid of me that easily." He just carried on walking.

We walked silently next to each other for another few minutes until we came to a junction where we went different ways.

"Well, see you tomorrow, Katsu-kun." Turning and walking away, I didn't expect an answer. But I heard a quiet.

"Later, Hinami."