Chapter 14

All night I was tossing and turning, thoughts of my parents, the LoV, and my uncle racing through my mind. I already knew that I wanted to make up with Father. I couldn't bare things being like this. I was also worried. Shigaraki said that he didn't have anything to do with writing the threats, so how could he be so sure that he could keep anything from happening to me or Midoriya? What if our families got dragged into it? What if something actually did happen to All Might? Worries consumed me until the early hours of the morning. Even cuddles from Ramen weren't putting my mind at ease. I scrolled through Instagram before getting a message.

Mr Boombastic: Why are you online? You're not usually up this early

funny you say that

not 'up early' so much as 'up late'

Mr Boombastic: HAVE YOU NOT SLEPT

no

My Boombastic: WHY NOT YOU FUCKING MORON

anxiety keeping me up

and there's no point going to sleep at this point

Mr Boombastic: You should have messaged me or something you dumbass

awww you DO care about me

Mr Boombastic: Shut up no I don't.

I'm going on my morning jog so piss off.

ok first of al, you messaged me first

*all

Mr Boombastic: Dumbass can't even type right

OI

don't leave me on read!!!

!!!!

asshole!!!!

Even though our conversation was brief, and was cold on the outside, I smiled, feeling just a little easier now. Maybe I should follow Katsu's lead and go for a jog.

Nah.

Scrolling through my Twitter feed was a way better way to fill the time until it was acceptable to get up. I got up at about six, bringing Ramen out to the kitchen to eat breakfast with me. He meowed complacently and nuzzled into my arms. As I flicked on the kettle, Dad appeared. We looked at each other for a moment. He looked as rough as I probably did. Ramen greeted him by rubbing himself against his leg and purring loudly.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, great. What about you, sweetie?"

"Same here."

"Well I was going to cook you breakfast today. But you're up so you may as well help me!" He gave a big grin, which I returned.

"I was gonna make you breakfast!" We started laughing.

Working together, me and Dad made pancakes, cracking jokes the whole time. I couldn't help but feel the tension practically melt off of my shoulders, and it had been a while since Dad had genuinely smiled this much.

After eating our stacks of pancakes, I wiped some flour off of my dad's cheek and kissed him. Then I looked him in the eyes.

"Dad..."