Chapter 35

"What took you two so-" Kiri started. Everyone suddenly stopped and stared at us as me and Katsuki approached.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" Katsuki sneered. Kami grinned.

"You two are holding hands!" We both looked down at our intertwined fingers in unison.

"I suppose we are." I shrugged nonchalantly. "Now, who's ass am I gonna kick on Mario Kart?"

I won Mario Kart (duh), closely followed by Kaminari. Mina absolutely killed every single one of us on Dance Dance 3000. Katsuki got first place on some zombie shooter game, cheered on by plenty of 'sugoi!'s from Mido, and Kirishima won by a landslide on the strength test (it was a 'no quirks' game). Mido and Todo had a great time on the penny machines. Todoroki seemed fascinated with everything; I think it was his first time at an arcade actually.

"I want to find the Mr Magnificent game!" I tugged Katsuki's sleeve.

"Let's lose these extras and go find it then." He whispered in my ear with a smirk. When everyone else was distracted by a story that Sero was telling, he grabbed my hand and we snuck off.

"There's something romantic about running off together." I sighed wistfully. Katsuki laughed.

"Funny idea of romance."

"Well, I am with you, so." He looked at me.

"Say it again."

"Say what again? I'm with you?" He couldn't disguise his glee.

"Well, anyways." He changed the subject quickly, hoping I wouldn't catch onto his bashfulness. "Here's the game."

The game was kind of like a shooter game, but instead of a gun, you pick a quirk based off of the characters and shoot that. I chose lasers and Katsuki chose fire, no surprise there. I almost made a mocking remark about him copying Todoroki, but decided against it. We went through our favourite fictional world defeating enemies alongside Mr Magnificent until the final boss. Mr Magnificent goes to save the civilians, entrusting the both of us with the final enemy. Both of us had big grins on our faces as we determinedly took down the villain. After it was over, I breathed a sigh of relief. It wasn't real but it still gave me a good adrenaline rush anyway. On the ending screen, we were shown our scores. I had beat Katsuki by 10 points; one takedown.

"What? This shitty machine is broken! I obviously won!" He frowned. But I was looking past him. A little booth, pink and red, covered in little pink lights and love hearts.

"Since I won, I know what my prize should be." Without waiting for a reply, I got up and went over to it, pulling back the thick curtain.

"What the fuck is this?" He asked, sitting next to me reluctantly.

"Hello and welcome to the Love Shack." A sultry recorded voice greeted us. "Enter two hundred yen to begin." I pushed a coin into the slot.

"Don't pout! It's just a bit of fun." I pleaded.

"What does this thing even do?"

"Are you ready for your compatibility test? Smile for the camera!"

"It takes pictures!" I answered gleefully. I leant on Katsuki's shoulder and he put his arm around my waist. After a brief countdown, a light flashed and the image of us appeared on the screen. Some animated hearts floated around us while a 'love meter' teased a bunch of different numbers before eventually settling on 99%.

"Congratulations to the happy couple!" I turned to Katsuki and held his face in my hands.

"That's a good score!"