Chapter 1

"Sweetie!" Dad called. "Hurry up!"

"Coming!" I replied, not looking away from my reflection. I was making sure my uniform looked okay, ready for my first day at UA. Of course, my dads want me to look perfect, but I was going to take a few liberties here and there. After giving my shoulder length hair one last tousle and making sure no mascara was smudged around my eyes, I slipped on my trainers and hoodie as I rushed down the stairs and grabbed a slice of toast out of my father's hand. My fluffy tabby cat, Ramen, ran down the stairs after me, his little paws pitter-pattering on the floor.

"Hinami!" He sighed. Dad poked his head around the corner, his blonde updo making an appearance before his head.

"Are you sure you want to walk? I can give you a lift!"

"Yes! I'm sure!" I desperately wanted to walk by myself. It wasn't very far. Plus, I didn't want people to see me with them. Don't get me wrong, I love both of my dads very much! A part of me just dreads everyone knowing that I'm the daughter of not one, but TWO of the teachers. What a nightmare that would be...

"See you both at school. Bye Ramen! Bye Dadzawa! Bye Dad!" I kissed them both on the cheek before rushing out of the door, hearing a complaint of 'why do I get Dadzawa? Why can't you take the stupid nickname?'.

That's funny. Because I'll be calling them Aizawa and Mic in school.

I hope I don't slip up...

I walked in the room to see most of the class there already. There was a blonde guy yelling at a small boy with messy green locks.

"What the fuck are you doing here? You're just a shitty, useless nerd with no quirk! How did you get in here, Deku?" He roared. I silently weaved through the desks until I was standing next to 'Deku'.

"He's here to train as a hero, like the rest of us. He got in by doing the entrance exam. Like the rest of us. Any more questions, Katsuki Bakugo?"

"How the fuck do you know my name?"

"I know everyone in this class. I looked at the register. You must be Izuku Midoriya." When I put my hand out to the smaller boy, he flinched slightly before shaking my hand.

"What do you mean? Who are you?" By now, I could feel everyone's eyes on us.

"I am Hinami Hata. I would say that it was a pleasure to meet you, but you've made a terrible first impression, frankly." Pure rage coated Bakugo's features. "Are you not going to reply? So you're unmannered as well as loud, rude, and disrespectful? Bakugo, more like Baku-bo."

"Ba- Bak- Bo?" He spluttered angrily. There were a few disguised snickers behind me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blonde - Kaminari Denki, I think - lean over to Momo Yayoruzo (who I had already met at the entrance exam) and ask her.

"What does 'bo' mean?"

"It's an old honorific used for small boys. It means 'little lord'. She's being condescending." He nodded before leaning over to the boy on his left.

"What does condescending mean?"

"Why are you even sticking up for this little extra?" Bakugo spat.

"I'm not sticking up for Midoriya. I'm putting you in your place. You'll soon become unbearable if allowed a free reign. Long story short. I don't want to put up with your shit. Plus, your voice is pretty annoying." I sighed dramatically as I sat down in my seat. "It just goes straight through me-"

"I'll put my fist straight through you if you carry on talking to me like that you-" I raised my eyebrows and hummed.

"You move fast, Baku-bo. Take me to dinner first." His face went red and small explosions popped up from his open palms. I simply put my chin in my hands and kept my amiable expression. This was a perfect way for me to make an impression. I had already planned on letting people know that I wasn't going to let people push me around this time, but this was better than expected. Thanks, Baku-bo.

"Class, class." A deadpan voice called from behind the table. My father - I mean, Aizawa - popped up from behind his desk wearing that ridiculous yellow sleeping bag. Did he really go back to sleep this morning? "Everyone sit down." Everyone silently obeyed. "It took you eight seconds to quiet down. Time is a precious resource. You lot aren't very rational, are you?"

It was evident from the startled expressions on everyone's faces that Fa- Aizawa wasn't what they were expecting at all.

"Is that really our teacher..." Midoriya mumbled under his breath. A sudden flare of loyal annoyance washed over me, but I managed not to say anything.

"I am Shouta Aizawa, your home-room teacher. Pleasure to meet you. Everyone go and change into your gym gear and head out to the grounds. I'll give you ten minutes, seeing as most of you may not know where to go. Usually I give five." With that, he walked away, not giving us students a second glance.

I walked over to the crowd of people in my new class. They were all already there, and I could hear Aizawa lecturing them all about 'freestyle teaching'. I tried to slip in unnoticed.

"Hinami Hata. You're late." Fuck.

"Yeah, it seems I am." Midoriya's eyes widened, like he couldn't believe that I had just spoken back.

"Don't think I'll let you get away with being tardy. You will go last as punishment." Huh? How is this a punishment? While I took in this strange behaviour, Baku-bo had been called up to throw a ball.

"How far could you throw in middle school?"

"Sixty-seven metres." A ripple of awe went through 1-A. Even I had to admit that it was a pretty good score.

"Now try it with your quirk."

He handed over a ball. Baku-bo took it and stretched out his arms for a second.

"I'll add..." He wound up. "A bit of BOOM to this pitch! DIE!" He yelled. As he lunged forward, a massive explosion blew everyone backwards a step or two. The ball zoomed away from him and down the pitch so fast that I almost missed it when I blinked. Aizawa turned around a device in his hands.

705.2m.

Wow.

Baku-bo doesn't play around.

"So we can use our quirks! Awesome!" Someone yelled. Uh oh.

"Awesome?" A strange grin stretched at Aizawa's mouth. "How's this for awesome? Whoever comes in last... will be expelled."