Chapter 15

The class sent looks around at each other apprehensively. I tried to make eye contact with Father, but he couldn't look at any of us.

"Class. Settle down. As you may know, around this time of the school year, we take a trip to the USJ training grounds, where you can train and meet the pro hero Thirteen. You may also know about the recent... 'controversy' surrounding the school's security because of the threats made by the League of Villains."

"Don't tell us the trip's been cancelled!" Mina couldn't help but blurt out.

"Thirteen has assured us that they will put as many security measures in place as humanly possible. Principal Nezu has decided that the trip will continue, but only with the permission of your parents. Asui, could you please hand everyone a permission slip." She obediently got up and started to hand out the letters.

"What happens if someone's parents say no?" Mido asked, staring at the paper in his hands in dismay.

"Then you will stay here and join another class for the day." He gulped nervously before putting the paper in his bag. When a slip was handed to me, I didn't even bother reading it before throwing it in my bag. I don't think I'll need to worry about my parents not giving me permission.

"I don't think she should go." I dropped my schoolbag in shock.

"What?" My dad slipped his shoes off and started walking into the living room.

"Don't be silly, Shou. Of course she should go. You know what a wonderful opportunity this is."

"But what if something bad happens? I don't think that the trip should be on."

"I know, Shou. You made that very clear in the meeting this morning."

"Well, even though you seem to have forgotten that I'm literally standing right here, I want to go."

"See, she wants to go." Dad ruffled my hair affectionately before leaving me and Father standing in the hallway. We looked at each other for a moment before I threw off my trainers and zipped into the kitchen to find Ramen. I heard him sigh behind me.

Even though he clearly didn't want me to go, something made Father agree to let me go to the USJ. Dad signed the slip and put it in my schoolbag - he probably knew that I'd forget to put it in.

The evening was peaceful. We had dinner together for the first time in a while. It was pretty silent until Ramen jumped up unexpectedly and put his paw in Father's drink.

"No! Ramen!" He groaned.

"Good kitty." I giggled. Dad hid his mouth behind his hand. But it alleviated the tension, and we soon found ourselves laughing and joking like we usually did.

"I'll clean up tonight." Father announced when we had finished. "Go and relax." He placed a loving kiss on Dad's forehead.

"Relax time! Nice! Have fun cleaning, Dadzawa!" I got up and prepared my escape, finally using my silly nickname for him again.

"Go and do your homework! Hinami!" Dad called after me, not trying to keep the smile out of his voice. I raced to my room, a tabby weaving under my feet as we went.

Don't worry. I did the homework.

The next day, much to my surprise, everyone handed in a completed slip that confirmed that they could go. Even Kami remembered his.

"Yeah!" Mina squealed, wrapping us in a group hug as soon as lunch time began. "The last trip was so much fun! I bet this one is going to top it!"

"I'm not looking forward to it. You guys were a pain last time." Katsu growled, artfully dodging Mina's arm.