Chapter 44.5

This chapter starts with Todoroki's POV then switches to Bakugo after the ~~. Each time you see a ~~ it means that the POV has switched! Anyone who has read my other fic, Superstar, will be familiar with this but I hope it isn't too confusing for everyone else :)

I couldn't believe that I had just punched Bakugo in the face. And that I hadn't lost my life to the action.

My father would have been appalled at my lack of control.

And that knowledge felt divine.

"Shoto!" Izuku eventually caught up with me despite my speedy pace, and I could hear both Iida and Uraraka running after us. "Y-you shouldn't- You don't have to- You-" I held his face in my hands as carefully as one would handle an expensive champagne flute. He leant slightly into my left hand.

"I'm going to make him pay for what he did." I kept my voice low and quiet so as to not shout at my beloved. His green curls bobbed as he shook his head, beautiful lips pressed together in anguish.

"Sho... I just..."

"Todoroki! That was extremely irresponsible! You cannot go around assaulting our classmates!"

"No matter how much they deserve it."

"Not you too, Uraraka!" Iida waved his hand about in his usual manner, glasses sliding down his nose from the overanimated movements. Not engaging in their conversation, I simply made my way downstairs. Our makeshift home was on the edge of a large clearing. A perfect battle arena.

I was immensely surprised to see that Bakugo and his friends were already there when I arrived. My boyfriend was walking beside me, a worried look on his freckled face. Uraraka and Iida had stopped talking. We made our way over in ominous silence.

I threw my jacket off, not caring where it landed. Izuku's shoulders rose when he heard the poison laced in my words.

"Are you ready to atone for your sins?"

~~~

FUCK!

That goddamn shitty fucking nerd never stops getting worse!

Even now, he was still trying to mock me or some shit! He should have just told them what I did to him.

And don't get me started on that half-and-half bastard. He had some fucking nerve punching me!

"It's not too late to back out!" Multiple hands were grabbing and pulling at me. What did they care?

"I'm not backing out of shit, dunce face." I spat.

"Bakubro, we don't want you to get hurt."

"Katsuki, please see sense. Fighting won't solve anything!" Argh. Those two working together was bad news for my resolve. I tried to shake their words out of my ears as a venomous voice rang through the clearing.

"Are you ready to atone for your sins?" How pretentious. I took Hina's hand in mine, squeezing it gently for an extra boost of strength.

"I need to do this." She held my gaze, looking so concerned. For me. Why?

"I can't support either of you in this." Appreciating the honesty, I nodded and slowly unfurled my fingers from her palm.

Icy Hot was shaking with pure anger. I knew the feeling all too well. But I couldn't seem to bring out my own fire.

Fake it 'til you make it, or whatever.

I slapped my usual stupid grin on and shifted into a fighting position.

"Atone me then, you half and half bastard!"

~~~

With his thoughtless words hanging in the air, Bakugo ran towards me, the explosions from his hands guiding him through the wind.