Chapter 26

"YOU LIED-" Hinami began to shout. But she suddenly stopped and stared at the navy-haired boy that Shigaraki had introduced as Kyo. The class looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to finish her sentence. But she never did.

Instead, she grabbed Bakugo's wrist, pulled his arm up in front of her, then bent it behind his back and kicked his knees out. He gave an angry yell of pain and confusion as he hit the ground. Kaminari stepped forward. She hit the side of his neck with the edge of her palm and he crumpled to the floor.

"Hinami! What the fuck?" Mina gasped. Hinami went to strike her, but she gracefully dodged. She shot her arm out and managed to grab Mina this time, sweeping out her legs and dropping her. She didn't get back up again. Sero shot a piece of tape out, trying to apprehend his friend. She grabbed it and deftly wrapped it around her hand before pulling him into her elbow. He hissed.

"Ow!" She tutted at his complaints before hitting his temple. She was knocking them out as quickly as possible.

"Hinami Hata! Stop that this instant!" Iida scolded, coming up behind her and trying to grab her arms, to no avail. She spun around and hit him with an uppercut, making him stumble back, clutching his jaw.

"Tenya!" Uraraka ran forward and tapped Hinami, activating her quirk. The girl started to float. She grabbed Uraraka, using the air time to spin them both around and slam the brunette into the floor. She stood up and looked around for a second, almost daring someone else to approach. Iida fired up his engines and adjusted his glasses before speeding towards her. She effortlessly dodged his punch.

"I don't want to fight you."

"Then don't." She answered robotically. He looked into her cold, almost lifeless eyes before nodding sharply and attacking again. She effortlessly used his force against him, almost like she could see what he was about to do. After exchanging a few blows - well, after Iida missed every punch and Hinami landed all of hers - she kicked him in the chest, sending him flying into the wall and winding him. He sank to the floor and made no attempt to get up again, his glasses laying broken next to him.

Todoroki threw his jacket off.

"Midoriya. Let's end this." Midoriya nodded, a determined look on his face. Hinami picked up a piece of Sero's tape from the floor and straightened it out nonchalantly. Midoriya was the first to reach her. She swiftly ducked under his fist and stuck the end of the tape to his arm. Before he had a chance to power up his quirk, she grabbed his other arm, wrapped the tape quickly around his wrists, pulled his arms up and down behind him, then kicked him face first into the wall next to Iida. He gave a yelp of pain and when he turned around, his cheek was grazed. Hinami watched him struggle to get out of the bindings with amusement. Behind her, Todoroki, boiling with rage, sent up a shard of ice where she was standing, hoping to freeze and capture her. Without so much as a glance, she rolled out of the way towards Shigaraki and Kyo, who were both simply watching the scene unfold. Dabi, bored, had left a while ago. Shigaraki took out a knife but, oddly, she ignored his offer of a weapon. Instead, she ran back over to Todoroki, her fists clenched tight. Every time he sent up ice, she inexplicably dodged it. It was infuriating.

"Why are you doing this?" Todoroki yelled. She didn't answer. He let flames engulf his body, melting the frost forming on his skin. With a roar, he sent out a wave of flames, impossible to dodge. When the smoke cleared, he looked at where Hinami should have been, panting heavily. She wasn't there. A flash of light on the ground caught his eye.

"Goodnight." A soft voice whispered into his ear before everything around him went black.

"Todoroki!" Midoriya had finally broken his bonds and was firing up his quirk. Hinami's lip curled, annoyed at his persistence. He ran at her, his feet barely touching the floor. He didn't know what had suddenly gotten into his friend. He didn't want to hurt her. When he reached Hinami, he punched her in the side of the face, not giving her enough time to dodge. She took a step back, her face scrunched up in pain. What was he doing? He went to hit again but hesitated for a split second. Smirking, she grabbed his wrist and flung him over the top of her. As he reached the peak of the arc, everything seemed to slow down. His eyes locked with hers. They weren't the usual bright, shining silver that they usually were. For a moment, it almost seemed like she was trying to tell him something. But before he could work it out, everything went back to normal speed and he smashed into the ground. He groaned, his head spinning so much that he felt like he would be sick. Everyone else in the class were standing, huddled in a group, most of them frozen from a mix of shock and fear. She wiped away a little blood that was dripping from her busted lip, breathing heavily. Shigaraki clapped ecstatically.