Chapter 45

"Uncle!"

"All Might!"

Deku reached him first, throwing his arms unabashedly around his thin middle. Toshi made no attempt to protest, but I didn't miss his slight wince. I tried to be gentler than my freckled friend, but I couldn't help squeezing him a little.

"Hello again little one, young Midoriya, class 1-A!" His voice was hoarse, and blood trickled down his chin. In fact, blood was covering most of his body.

"That's All Might?" Someone yelled.

"And Recovery Girl!" Another voice called. I looked down to see UA's medic, in a similar beat up state, but not quite as bad. "Don't forget about me." Uncle made his way over to the rest of the class, leaning heavily on Mido's shoulder.

"Hello class. It really is me, All Might. I'd hoped you wouldn't have to see me like this for a long time, but this is my true form." I placed a hand on Kat's arm. He was pale, unable to tear his eyes away from his idol, and was obviously trying his best to keep his expression schooled. "We managed to escape from the villains' clutches, but they'll be looking for us."

"How did you escape?"

"How did you find us?"

"Why are you like that?" The class blurted out questions, unable to hold back their confusion and disbelief.

"I saw fire and explosions, and recognised young Bakugo and young Todoroki's quirks." He gave the pair a disappointed look, causing them to both cast their gazes downward. "What happened here?" He added, finally noticing the rubble and wreckage around us.

"Villains found us already. They planted a bomb and then someone used a quirk to make earthquakes. It must have been a quirk, kerro." Tsu informed him calmly. Most of the students were still too shaken up to say it out loud. Ochaco gasped.

"It's only just sunk in. We could have died..." Toshi tensed up.

"It's a good thing Todoroki managed to save us. Without him, we would have been..." Yaomomo trailed off, her fingers brushing against her own cheek in sudden shock.

"But it's my fault we were found in the first place!" Todo seethed.

"What do you mean, young one?"

"I've let you down, All Might. I tried so hard to be more like you. But I lost my temper and fought Bakugo."

"You started the fight?"

"Hey!"

"Yes. I did throw the first punch."

"Why did you sound so shocked that I didn't start it?" Kat butt in.

"Maybe because of your temper?" Todo offered.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You are notorious for being quick to anger."

"What's that you half-"

"Toshi?" During their bickering, Uncle had started staring off into space, his pale face becoming a deathly shade of grey. "Uncle Toshi? Are you okay?" He sluggishly looked over at me.

Before dropping to the ground.

It was a blur of movement after that. We managed to get him in the building where we slept - which had miraculously been spared - while Yaomomo and Recovery Girl looked over him.

"In the state he was in, my quirk would have done more bad than good." She tutted at herself, gently wiping off his clammy brow. "They... Well, it was no five-star service, that's for sure." I swallowed a sob, wiping my face harshly with my dirty sleeve.