Chapter 34

As soon as I stepped back into my room and that little rush of adrenaline wore off, my lip started to tremble. I picked up my phone with shaking hands and pressed the dial.

"Hi."

"Hello?"

"Send me your address."

"What? Why would I do that?"

"Because I'm coming to your house."

"Are you now?"

"Well I could always call someone else-"

"No. Ugh. Fine, I'll text it to you."

"See you in a moment."

"Wait you mean right n-"

I hung up before he could argue any further. A minute later, I received the address.

"Hey, Dad and Dad. I'm gonna go out for a little while." My parents looked up at me. They were both looking at something on the laptop. Ramen glanced up lazily from his place on the table under Father's hand.

"Where?" He asked. "Why? Are you okay?"

"Who's the worrier now?" Dad asked amusedly.

"I'm just going to meet up with, uh, my friends. A lot's been going on lately. I just want to have a fun day." After sharing a brief look at his husband, Father pulled out his wallet and handed me some money.

"Have fun then. And stay safe. Call us if anything happens." He kissed my forehead gently.

"Of course."

"See you later, sweetie. Let us know when you're coming back." Dad kissed my cheek and waved as I said goodbye and left.

"Oh, hello there!" A woman opened the door. She was ridiculously beautiful. Her eyes were striking, her skin was glowing, and her hair was smooth and voluminous.

"H-hi. Are you Katsuki's sister? He never mentioned siblings." I asked nervously. She started laughing loudly.

"Oh, I love you already! Come in, come in! I'm Mitsuki, Katsuki's mother. He's an only child, couldn't you just tell?" As I stepped into the house and started to take off my trainers, she looked up the stairs and yelled. "HEY, BRAT! YOU'VE GOT A GUEST!" I tried my best to suppress a laugh of my own. They were so similar. By the time my shoes were off, Katsuki was downstairs.

"She's not said anything embarrassing about me, has she?"

"Not at all." I assured.

"Great." He grabbed my forearm and started to tug me upstairs. "Come on."

"Wait! Where are you off yo? Do you not want any refreshments?"

"Oh, no thank you Mrs Bakugo."

"Call me Mitsuki, darling!"

"O-okay." For some reason, I was shaking with nerves. I was meeting Katsuki's mother. It was terrifying, yet exciting. "Oh. I'm Hinami Hata by the way." She gasped.

"You're Hinami? Oh my goodness, let me get a better look at you!" She pinched my cheeks and started turning my face this way and that.

"Get off, hag!" Katsuki hissed angrily.

"You're so pretty! What are you doing with my son? You're way above his league." I found myself blushing profusely. "Well, I'm not going to complain. He's been so happy lately. You should see the sappy smile he has all the time!" I glanced over at Katsuki, who was as red as a tomato and clenching his fists.

"Shut up you old hag! Stop lying!" She whacked him over the back of the head.

"Don't talk to me like that you brat! Especially not in front of your-"