Chapter 19

"Ramen! I'm home, honey!" I called in my sweetest voice as I unlocked the door. He came running out, meowing loudly. "I brought a new friend. Come into the kitchen and I can introduce him to you." Behind me, Katsuki chuckled at me.

Joke's on him; Ramen is a great listener.

We made our way into the kitchen. Kat sat down and Ramen jumped onto the table, sitting in front of him and examining him.

"Your cat is very judgemental."

"He's probably just trying to work out if you're a new friend or a hedgehog." He glared as I laughed. "Do you want a drink? Something to eat?"

"Water would be great, thanks." I made us both a glass of water. When I turned back to them, Ramen was standing on Kat's shoulders, rubbing his face against his cheek and purring happily. Kat had a big, genuine, heartwarming smile on his face. As I watched them both, a big smile on my own face too, I realised just how much I had missed spending time with Katsuki. I didn't ever want us to part.

Shaking all sappy thoughts from my head, I placed the cups on the table and sat next to them, scratching Ramen behind the ear fondly. When I noticed Kat watching me, I couldn't help but ask.

"Do you want me to pet you too?"

"Don't you dare!" I reached over and used my fingertips to massage his scalp by his ear. Almost involuntarily, he leant into my touch and closed his eyes. I didn't miss his blush.

"What happened to 'don't you dare', huh?"

"Shut up." He replied. I giggled and continued for a few more seconds. He looked a little disappointed when I stopped.

"Do you want a house tour?"

"Sure."

I took him around the house, showing him each room briefly, making sure to speed through any areas with pictures of Father. I already didn't know how to feel about everyone knowing about Dad...

"And this is my bedroom." I opened the door and Kat stepped in, looking around. My cheeks warmed up and I suddenly felt very vulnerable.

"It's nice. I like the grey and blue." He said awkwardly before going over to my desk. There were a load of papers over it. He picked one up. It was a crude sketch of a hero suit. He picked up the paper next to it, where I had drawn it properly and coloured it.

"Ray?" He hummed approvingly. "Like light rays. I like it. But..." He took a fresh paper and pencil, then started sketching. A little horrified, I stood over him and watched what he was doing. His tongue stuck slightly out of his mouth. Cute.

When he was done, he held the paper up to me. It was my suit, but he had made a few changes and labelled them.

"If you have the helmet this shape instead, it'll be more streamlined. And instead of a pouch, you could get a pocket. It won't catch on anything. Other than that, you've done a really good job." My heart fluttered at his compliment. It meant a lot.

"Thank you. And I like the changes." We looked at each other and smiled. "Do you have a costume planned?"

"Of course I do, dumbass." He rolled his eyes. I handed him another piece of paper with raised eyebrows. He quickly sketched out his idea and took me through all of its features.

"Wow! That sounds high tech. I love it." Pink dusted his cheeks.

"Yeah. This part was actually inspired by Mr Magnificent." He admitted bashfully.

"I love that show!" I gasped. "Are you caught up with the new series?"

"No. My Netflix account is frozen because my stupid dad forgot that he bought it and thought someone hacked his bank account." We laughed. We'd been doing that a lot together.