Chapter 24

On that bed I saw the boy. But it wasn't a boy anymore. He had the sting so he was nothing like his old self. He was thrashing and trying to get all the boys off of him but soon they had him strapped in. His eyes looked black and were bulging out of his head. His veins were black and unclear. It was a horrific sight and I wish I would have just walked away. But I can't. There is no getting it out of my head now. I turned away hoping to get out of the crowd but I bumped right into Minho. "So now you see what it's like," he said looking at the boy. I nodded slowly still in some shock. "That's why we never wanted you to be a runner. That's why this job is so dangerous," he said looking straight into my eyes. I felt like a little kid getting a lecture but their parents. "Yes I can see that now. But you know what I never got stung so I'm not stopping," I said with more fierceness then expecting. I stomped away into the woods. Wow I never really realized what I was getting myself into. I never realized how much danger I'm actually putting myself in out there. Never realized they could do that. Who ever did this made it really hard to get out. I could never understand why anyone would want to do this. Nether could anyone else. I sat in the woods for what felt like minutes but soon when I snapped out of my thoughts it was dark. Soon I would have to go back and face that boy and see how much pain he is in. To see the suffering in his eyes. I could. It bare that stuff anymore. I have seen some pretty horrifying sights but nothing can ever compare to the look on that boys face. All this thinking about him and I don't even know his first name.

Sorry I was really busy and I will try harder.
-Mac🌚