Father

Chapter Nineteen 

Chapter Nineteen 

Aurora holds Aiden in her arms as she safely stepped inside her childhood mansion. As all the memories of her childhood and parents kicked in as if it was nostalgia or pain. The security team keeps the luggage around along with the boxes when Aurora felt the change in the interior. "I think we need to move back the interior as it was!" she speaks to baby Aiden while all he do was lean in her arms and watch around. 

"Let me carry him!" Brooke asked as he stepped to take Aiden in his arms. Aurora shrugged and speaks. "I am fine. Can you get the mansion and office old stuff back? Plus assign the new recruitment of the company is some suggestive places in the company. Don't fire." She demanded and Brooke nods his head. 

"Well, we have to redo the place!" Aurora heard the senior king walking inside along with Madison. "Plus we have to arrange the success party and  security for this munchkin!" Madison advised and Aurora nods her head. 

"Are you two kinda like back together?" Aurora asked watching Madison and senior King. Both exchanged glances and gave gross expressions. "Hella No!" Brooke chuckled along with Aurora. "We have to arrange a Press Conference for a positive image. I will get the PR team ready for that." Brooke advised. 

"Don't waste time. Media will cover us as always that their task to keep tabs while our task is to pull things together that went wrong." Aurora marked stepping inside and keeping Aiden over the couch and takes the seat. "I agree with her!" Senior King speaks in agreement holding Aiden in his arms. 

"I will get someone to get the jobs done at the mansion while I look after the company stuff!" Aurora nodded in agreement as he watched Aiden giggling with Madison and Senior King. she gets up looking around the mansion. She missed this place but what more was missing was her parents. 

Zaagerus sat across his cabin watching Aurora last night's picture from the dining. His men were not failing at their task. Lorenzo sipped his coffee watching his best friend sitting across the desk in the white shirt, loose tie with black pants over his chair. 'Why is the Old King so generous towards her?' Zagreus wondered while he heard a chuckle. He rose his gaze up at Lorenzo and he smiled.

"What?" He asked feeling at his smile and constant stare. "You are whipped!" Lorenzo comments and Zagreus rolls his eyes keeping the picture in his mahogany desk drawer and locking it. 

"Get your ass out of here!" Zagreus ordered coldly shifting his glance towards his laptop. He didn't choose to have another glance while Lorenzo gets ups whistling and smiling leaving him alone. 

Zagreus sighs in relief feeling alone when his cabin door opens without permission. He looks up watching his grandfather Adair Kensington walk inside with his nurse's help. "You should be in your room!" Zagreus stated watching him take a seat. 

"Oh, I am not dead yet. I wanted to see you!" He said smiling like he wasn't ill after their last convo scenario. After a few Zagreus left the mansion in anger that day his grandfather fell. Nobody knew what happened until the reports came out. He was last stage cancer patient that he hid from everyone. 

"I wanted to talk!" Adair Kensington asked. Zagreus looks up at the Nurse and she walks out in fear. "Your father died last month and you didn't visit him." His Grandfather speaks while Zagreus sat in silence watching him. 

"Don't lecture me on parenting 101!" he stated coldly while he chuckled. "No matter what he was your father!" 

"I arrange his funeral and everything. That was the only thing I could do for him." Zagreus stated in a cold matter cutting the conversation short. His grandfather nodded speaking after a while again. 

"I am going to see Aiden. Aurora is having a Conquest party for the Company!" He speaks while Zagreus just watched him. "Nothing important then you can leave!" Zagreus demanded shifting to his laptop. 

 "As soon as die I know you will bring her here. Just a piece of advice doesn't hurt her. She can't be the leverage!" He asked watching Zagreus. He was best trying to avoid the conversation. 

"She was promised to me and she is not leverage!" Zagreus speaks finally giving the old man peace of heart. "Plus Aurora won't disclose Aiden around. He will be kept protected so you won't be able to see him. I will bring him to you!" Zagreus says closing his laptop and his grandfather nodded. 

"You send your men at her security?" He asked and Zagreus nods his head getting holding his coat in his arms and stepping near him. "Don't dress black tonight!" Zagreus asked and his grandfather nodded. Zagreus helped him get up and takes him to his bedroom.

In the Evening Aurora was dressed in black long sleeves, long neck silk blouse with high waist flared pants with a small slit. It was hugging his body while emphasizing his small waistline. She looked elegant and exquisite at the same time. She wore her mother's bracelet leaving her long straight silky hair at the back. 

Knock Knock!

She shifts watching Brooke standing outside watching her. "The guests have arrived. They are waiting for you to join!" He asked and She nods her head watching Aiden sleeping soundly over the bed around the pillow. "Is the security team here?" She asked and Brooke nodded. "They are in the playroom!" 

Aurora nods her head stepping near her baby and picking him in his arms safely and walking outside. They together walked to the playroom. Brooke opens the door for her and she stepped inside finding five bodyguards standing in black suits and walky-talky attached to their ears. 

 "Especially cross-checked by Mr. King!" Brooke informs and Aurora places the baby in the crib watching them. "One scratch to my baby and you all are dead!" She stated flatly watching men and reading their tags. 'Alfie, William, Theo, Henry, and Theodore.'  She memorized and watched the fear radiating off their body. She just ignores and walks away while closing the door behind her. 

Zagreus butler did his cufflinks as Larenzo walked inside watching him getting ready. "King Getting ready!" He smirked while Zagreus choose to ignore his comments. "Check on Grandpa!" He asked as Lorenzo nods his head walking away. 

"We are done, young master!" His butler announced stepping away. Zagreus wear his coat and turn to the mirror and then walked out towards his grandfather's bedroom. 'What's taking him so long!'

Zagreus stepped towards his grandfather's wing foyer. He marched for a while until he saw the gathering outside the room. His brows creased as he stepped further finding his grandpa on his armchair sleeping soundly with closed eyes. He was holding his family frame against his chest. Zagreus knew it was his once-happy family picture. 

Lorenze looks at Zagreus with his eyes filled with tears as he sat down against the armchair holding his grandfather's hands. 

"He said, All we have to do is that decide what to do with the time that is in our hands," Lorenzo said Adir Kensington last word as Zagreus stepped near in disbelief.