Chapter 70: Half Mutated German

"Lee's done. Quick thinking on his side. If he hadn't moved from that corner, Y/n would've turned him to shreds by now." Said Jake. "He's so dependent on his samurai, he didn't even feel the harness wasn't even there."

"Quit it, Jake. It's your turn now." Timothee didn't bat an eye on him as he watched his sister leave the scene along with Lee. 

"Jake." Chris called out. 

Jake opened the door and halted. "Yeah?" 

"I want you half transformed. Five shots in in 30 minutes. Think you can handle that?" Chris placed his phone near the control panels and hovered a thumb over the timer displayed on his screen. 

Jake scoffed. "30 minutes?" 

"Take it or leave it." 

-- 

"Just don't expect this building to be 'okay' after this session." Jake stared at the camera then at the guy walking around the vicinity. 

Jake fished for a vial in his pockets and removed his jacket after. He threw it as far as he could and flicked the cap off. 

"Sherry's gonna kill me for this but oh well.." 

Allen drew out his gun and aimed the barrel straight through a wall across from him. 

"Come out, come out, wherever you are-- ah fuck." Jake groaned. 

He ripped off the right sleeve of his shirt to allow the transformation to propagate. His arm bulged and his nails elongated. Huge blisters bursts on his elbow, causing him to release an animalistic scream. Allen wobbled a bit and almost dropped the weapon he was holding when he felt heavy footsteps approaching him. 

Allen's heartbeat raced as he raised the gun again and aimed at whatever was on the other side of the wall. Sweat trickled down his face and he bit his lower lip just enough to distribute the redness through its outer skin. In the span of a second, Allen was thrown to the ground by a gigantic arm. The nails scraped half of his shirt and was ripped until he was topless. 

Allen looked at his left arm and gasped at the small gash on his skin. He stood up and paced around the fallen debris and broken cement. One of the columns gave up and three more until the ceiling will too. All thanks to Jake. Allen went around the mess in hopes of finding his gun. He went back to where he came from and salvaged whatever he could. 

"Fucking hell, Captain. You told me to come to the base for a 'meeting', not a one on one with a German who's fucking mutated!" Allen grunted. 

"Five shots in thirty minutes, Allen. That's all we're giving you." Chris 's voice boomed throughout the ruins. 

"So you're just gonna kill me off, Chris?" Allen snickered." I should've stayed in the marines, then." 

Chris didn't answer back so Allen continued the search for his gun. What startled him next was a maniac laugh coming from a distance. It sounded forced. 

"I was better off as a mercenary. But, oh baby, here we are. A personal instructor to a person who's gun is right. Under. His. Nose." Jake said. 

Allen's forehead creased when he stepped on something hard and bulky. Beneath the soles of his feet, was his precious gun. It camouflaged with the goo that came from Jake's blisters. Allen's lips thinned as he picked up the weapon and brushed off the sticky substance with his pants. 

"28 minutes left kiddo,  hurry up. This place looks like it's going to collapse, too. Somebody oughta call the building inspector." Jake cracked his neck and charged towards him. 

Allen ran opposite of Jake and hurriedly reloaded his gun. The bioweapon chased him around as he tried to get a good spot to shoot him. Allen jumped over, slid down, and even climbed effortlessly on hanging beams. He reached the third floor and cracks were evident everywhere he looked. Fear crept into his mind when the ground started to crumble. 

"You used to be a messenger back at the marines, right?" 

Allen hid behind a wall and leaned against it. His gun at the ready. 

"You should stay alive as much as possible, then." 

The cracks on the ceiling rose up and scattered. Ten inches away from where he was, stood Jake who's busy looking for him. Or maybe not?

"Shit." Allen inhaled and exhaled. Before he stepped out of the shadows, and fired straight to Jake's non-transformed arm. Smoke oozed out of the barrel and Jake turned around to face the man. His other eye was bloodshot red which terrified Allen. 

"Wrong move." Jake growled. 

"Should I shoot the other one, too?" Allen sarcastically asked. 

Jake didn't hesitate and dashed into him. Allen fired two more which hit him in the blister on his arm and his collarbone. The gunner watched as the bullets fell down from Jake's skin without him having to pull it out. 

"Two shots left." Allen said as he ran away from the bioweapon while reloading. 

-- 

"Wanna grab some beer?" Jake asked. 

Him and Allen sat side by side on a broken platform, shirtless. Allen managed to patch himself up after Jake threw him thrice around the building. 

Allen chuckled. "I shot you fifteen times."

"It's my treat, then." Jake suggested as he got on his feet. 

Allen pushed himself off the cement and followed the guy out of the ruins.  Just a couple of minutes later, a grand sports car stopped at front. 

"That's him?" Timothee asked. 

Chris nodded. "Go easy on him though." 

****