Chapter 11 : The Mayor

Dr. Park's POV

"Okay, okay. Thank you. Yes, thank you for that. Of course. Good bye." I heave out a sigh as I shoved my phone back in the left pocket of my lab coat. Dealing with patients early in the morning gives me headaches but it needs to be dealt with. Speaking of, where the hell is Diana? I swear that young lady is everywhere. I gently pushed my glasses up with my index finger as I strode the all white hallways. Employees passing by would greet me with a smile or a nod whilst pushing a patient on a wheelchair or holding a notepad with a stethoscope around their necks.

"I know hun, I know! Call the plumber, I'm in the hospital right now." I stopped in front of Diana's office and saw Dr. Ramirez on his phone. " Is it about the black substance again?" He sighed then he took notice of my presence and looked at me with expectant eyes. I tapped on my wristwatch to tell him he needs to go back to work. " Hun, I have to go. Maybe tonight, ok? Love you." He hurriedly ended the call and nervously scratched the back of his head. "What was it?" I inquired. He seems impatient.

"The drainage in our house is clogged, sir. Again. I really don't know where this black thing is coming from. Is yours the same sir?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned my head against the wall. " Ain't we all?" Then Diana's door opened. "Have a good day ma'am. Sir." Dr. Ramirez bowed his head slightly before leaving. "So you were taking a break?" I raised a brow at her and she immediately hid the donut she's eating. "Well-"

"Doc! Doc! Doctor Park! Doctor Redfield!" A nurse dashed towards us. Her voice sounded urgent. " Amery what is going on?" Diana asked as she placed two hands on the younger's shoulders. "It's- the- the room-"

"Breathe. Breathe, child. Breathe." I performed a basic inhale exhale and she followed. "Shoot." I commanded. "It's Old Murphy. He's dead!" Me and Diana looked up to each other and before I knew it, both of us were running to Old Murphy's room. This can't be happening, he was ok a few days ago!

Before we got in, one of the patients rooming in with him greeted us with a, "I don't want to go back in there! I don't want! I don't want!" Then a nurse came and took her somewhere safer. I barged in the door and almost puked at the sight of Old Murphy.
The black substance came out of his mouth and merged to the ceiling. Creating a veiny like decoration plastered to the wall. "Take Mr. Maguire out of here! We have to close this room!" Diana followed my orders and helped the old man out to transfer him.

--

"Timothee are you busy?" I dialed Timothee once everything was taken care off. That room is now completely sealed off. We can't let that thing out of there. I heard some shifting and skin creating friction against the sheets so I assume he just woke up. "What do you need, Dr. Park?" He groggily asked. "Can we meet?"

Timothee checked the time. 10:00 AM. "Caffeinated." He suggested. "Okay." Then I hung up.

Author's POV {Caffeinated}

"Why'd you decided to meet me?" Timothee asked the Doctor sitting on the other side with his hands crossed on top of the table. "Someone just died." Dr. Park looked at him and back to his hands. Chewing the insides of his mouth. Timothee lifted his right leg and placed it on top of his knee. "Is that Old Murphy you're talking about?" Finally, he had his full attention. " Yeah. The 'thing' crept out of his mouth and reached the ceiling. We had to seal off the whole room to prevent it from spreading further." Silence filled the air as Timothee thought about what caused it to go that far. At first, it only clogs the drains but now it climbs the walls and enters humans. Innocent humans.

Timothee stared at the man. Focusing his energy, trying to enter his mind. Dr. Park turned his upper body around to grab the small glass pot of sugar from the other table. Timothee stared at the back of his head to get answers but it only gave him more questions. What if's. Dr. Park' s mind was jambled and he could picture out the busy white hallways of the hospital and the moment Amery, the nurse came running towards them to deliver such an alarming news.