Chapter 64: Nonsensical

AUTHOR

"Let's start with you Wicked. What. Happened." Chris commanded as he pressed an ice pack on his head.

Both him and Carlos had one against their heads. On the right side of the round table, sat Carlos, Y/n and Wicked. To the left, was Chris and Diana who's busy rubbing her husband's back.

Wicked sighed in defeat and leaned in.

"We were supposed to bring Mother Amelia's stuff back together to their flat but Y/n fell asleep when I got them." Wicked paused. Feeling uncomfortable with what he has to say next.

" Then?" Carlos quipped. His gaze dark and dangerous.

Wicked gulped. "I brought her to my apartment."

"Why did you bring her there when you can just go straight to her flat?" Carlos sneered and his eyes widened in anger.

" Oliveira." Chris scolded. His voice sounded like a warning.

Carlos went back to his normal position and breathed heavily.

" She fell asleep for so long." Wicked continued. Feeling Carlos's eyes feed upon his soul.

"Did you touch her?" Chris asked.

Wicked shook his head. "No. But I did fell asleep with her. To accompany her."

"So that's how your perfume got onto her?" Chris added.

The Danish guy nodded. "When you guys arrived, I brought her back to her building-"

" Você a deixou no imbecil da chuva!" Carlos snapped. [You left her in the rain asshole!]

Chris slammed his palm on the table. " Stop it Carlos! Now, what were you doing with Y/n earlier at the lounge area?"

" She confronted me about last night. That was it. I let her read my mind." Wicked answered. His voice shaking.

Chris gave the ice pack to Diana and sighed." Carlos and Y/n, you're both dismissed."

Carlos furiously pushed his swivel chair aside and stormed out of the room. Y/n stood up after.

" I'm sorry." She said.

Diana and Chris waved her off.

" It's okay." Diana assured her.

Then Y/n left.

" That sure did hurt. That was the first time I got my nose bleeding that much." Chris couldn't help but laugh as he recalled being paralyzed by Y/n.

Diana chuckled. "You'll be fine, hun."

Chris grabbed her hand and gave it a light kiss as he stared into her eyes.

"Go get some rest. I'll finish up here."

Diana nodded and left after grabbing her things from the table. Chris ran a hand through his disheveled hair and stared at Wicked.

"Listen, Wicked. I don't like scolding you but this has to stop. This is nothing but a nonsensical feeling that you keep getting yourself into trouble for. I know this is much more than just wanting to protect her. You see her more than that. Am I correct?"

Wicked didn't budge.

" Am I correct?" Chris raised his voice.

Wicked gritted his teeth." Yes, Captain."

Chris stood up and placed both of his hands on the table as he leaned his upper body.

"You're one of my best soldiers out there Wicked. I want you to get your shit together." Chris grumbled.

The man walked towards the main door and stopped once his hand was on the door knob.

" I'm giving you two hours to apologize to both Y/n and Carlos. After that, you'll be taking his place for tonight's mission. Are we clear?"

Wicked shut his emotions off and answered a firm,

" Yes sir!"

Before he was completely left alone.

--

Wicked went down to find Carlos. He never felt this much pain before. He couldn't make up the words as he approached Carlos who's busy talking to a random citizen who's currently in charge of the base's gun shop. He felt like a lost puppy with his tail between his legs. He felt small and fragile.

He wasn't afraid of Carlos. He could take him down on a duel but the fact that he would sacrifice so much just for Y/n to be his and only his is what bewildered him. Carlos is tough, not because he's Brazilian, but because he's a man to die for. Wicked's got the looks but the attitude? He knew Y/n would still go for Carlos no matter what.

He just wouldn't stand a chance.

"Hey, man. Can we talk?" He spoke up with all the courage left in his body.

Carlos waved goodbye to the citizen and walked away.

"Swing."

--

The two gathered around the makeshift swing outside of Y/n's building. Carlos sat while Wicked stayed standing. Not even getting a inch closer to the Brazilian man. Wicked sighed as he looked at Carlos who's staring at the horizon.

"I'm sorry, Carlos. I really am. I should've just waited for you-"

"It's fine." Carlos cut him off. His tone seemed distant.

Wicked frowned." Pardon?"

" I just don't want it to happen again, you know what I mean?"

Carlos got on his feet and shoved his hands inside his pockets.

" I don't like holding grudges, Wicked. Unless you're the people from my past but no," he looks up at the sky," I forgive. I forgive those who have wronged me. But know this..."

Carlos faced him and pointed at his chest.

"I don't forget. So you better stay away from her and mind your own goddamn business, you hear me? Ou seus dedos vão bater a emoção do meu facão escorrendo pela pele." [Or your fingers are gonna beat the thrill of my machete running down its skin.]

Wicked nodded and watched as Carlos went inside the building and disappeared from his line of sight.

--

Wicked went asking around the base for Y/n's whereabouts and found her in the storage area. She was busy looting some sweets for Jia. Once she saw the man, he excused her and brought her to an empty room for some privacy.

"I almost got in trouble thanks to you." Y/n nagged.

Wicked pressed his lips and looked up. Attempting to stop the tears from falling.

" Listen, I- I'm sorry. I just can't help myself." Wicked's breath hitched. "There's something I wanted to tell you.".

Y/n looked at him expectantly. "Hmm?"

"I love you Y/n."

Then Wicked completely broke down. He covered half of his face and sobbed hard into his palms. Y/n reached out to him but he backed away. Evading her touch.

"I want to touch your face." She said softly.

Wicked removed his hand and allowed her to press hers on his tear-stained cheek. He tried to muffle his cries but it didn't help.

"I can't bring myself to love anyone like how I love you Y/n. I've had my eyes on you since Safe Haven but I guess I'm too late," he rubbed his eyes, "Carlos is so lucky to have you."

Wicked took deep breaths. "I just want you to know that I'll be here when you need me. I'll be your admirer from afar."

Y/n opened her arms wide to invite him for a hug but he refused by taking a couple steps backwards.

" Go Y/n. He must be looking for you."

****