Chapter 43: Kaboom!

AUTHOR

"I'm here." Y/n got out of her car as soon as she's parked.

There were atleast 10 cars abandoned in the parking lot and tons of posters and papers scattered around the sidewalk. It was eerily quiet.

Anna: Y/n can you hear me?

"Loud and clear." Y/n responded as she started walking towards the main door of the building.

Anna: Perfect. You should see the main entrance by now.

The door was locked and sealed shut with a wooden plank holding the long handles together in the middle.

"When did this happen?" Y/n tried to pull the wood aside but it won't budge.

Anna: About four years ago. It hasn't been reported to the mainstream media. I wonder if the owner payed such amount to cover up this shit.

Y/n coughed. "God, this thing won't budge. Is there another way around?"

Anna: Use your weave then. Did you take your dose?

Y/n opened a pocket on her backpack and took one vial. She bit off the cap and drank the blue liquid in one go.

Anna: Gross.

"I know."

As soon as Y/n threw the empty vial away, numerous strands of her weave crawled out of her back and started cutting the wood like a chainsaw. Dust floated in the air as the object started to tear. Several growling and rumbling rang through Y/n's ears hinting that something is waiting for her inside.

Not too long until the wood was shredded like cheese and her weave seeped through the gaps of the lock and split it in half.

Anna: Does your weave have plasma or something?

Y/n chuckled. "I'm going in."

Her palms laid flat on the door. She exerted strength to push the object until there's a space enough for her to go through. The door's hinges gave up, causing it to fall and clang against the tiled floor. That's when she heard distant screeching and claws scratching against a hard surface. Making her teeth ache.

Anna: You can't turn back now, Y/n.

"Who says I'm turning back?" She replied. Taking minimal steps.

Anna: You're breathing pretty heavily.

Y/n frowned. "You can hear me even though I'm not talking?

Anna facepalmed herself in the control room.

Anna: Your earpiece is sensitive to noise Y/n. It can detect even the sound of a cockroach flying.

"Roaches can fly?!" Y/n shivered at the thought.

Anna: Focus on your mission.

Y/n mentally rolled her eyes and averted her attention to the matter at hand. The ground floor was massive. No offices yet. At teh middle was the receptionist's desk and a couple of sofas here and there.

At the same time, Y/n took her gun out and aimed it at the ground for awhile.

Anna: I almost forgot to tell you. The normal molded can be killed with normal bullets. Just aim for the head or you can try dismantling their body parts one by one.

"Right. Copy that."

Anna: Also, check your access key. If it blinks, it means you're close to a mold crate.

Y/n reached for her bag and shuffled through its contents until her fingertips felt the edge of the key. Her weave closed the zipper for her while she extended the key ahead. Waving it in the air as if she's finding wifi signal.