Chapter 51: Misery Business

AUTHOR

After a good five minutes, Timothee took the initiative to go talk to Samantha. He saw her sitting on the floor with her back pressed against the wall. Her arms are wrapped around herself with her knees up. Her breathing pattern wasn't as rigged liek earlier so he approached her slowly.

Zolton and Jads followed quietly as well and leaned to her level.

"Sam." Timothee shook her slightly.

"Please tell me you'll find them?" Samantha mumbled under her layers of clothing.

"Can you repeat that for me?" Timothee asked.

Samantha lifted her head up and her puffy red eyes met with his.

"Tell me you will find those kids? Her kids?" She pleaded.

Timothee sighed and lend her his hand." I promise."

--

4 PM

"What kind of monsters do you have left here?" Timothee inquired as they decided to stroll around the facility.

"Let's see," Samantha pulled out a digital tabloid." we got 150 Cerberus, three bloodshots, seven regenerador and two Uber lickers. Oh! Plus three Ustanaks." Samantha recited.

Ustanak. Timothee thought about Jake when he heard the monster's name.

" Where are those Uber lickers??"

Yes. The lickers are more important.

" This way." Samantha went first and they climbed a platform and she pressed on a red button near the platform's gate.

It took them down. Deeper than the normal height back at the first Blue Umbrella base. Well, this is red so of course they keep more secrets down here. It needs to be more.. classified.

"How nice of you to keep the Cerberus alive." Timothee said with an impressed tone in his voice.

Jads laughed. "Well, they're canines afterall. And they're too many to let go."

The platform stopped with a thud and the mini gates opened wide. Timothee watched in awe when the first room was filled with Cerberuses. Their mouths are inserted with a steel hook hanging from the ceiling and they're completely sedated and asleep. They also have a collar on their necks to check their daily vitals.

"The Uber lickers are at the end." Samantha lead the way.

Walking down the vast and plain building sent different kinds of emotions to Timothee's mind. Years ago, this place was lively. Subjects are screaming and groaning in agony while the likes of him just watched and even hyped the process. Their grunts are music to his ears but not anymore.

"I remember Wesker telling the cleaning crew to wipe these hooks until they're squeaky clean or else he'll feed them to the Cerberus." Zolton recalled and it sent shivers down his spine.

" No way dude, for real?" Jads asked while fiddling with his phone.

" Wesker is a clean freak. I mean, look at these walls! No other color whatsoever. He wouldn't even allow us to add some plants or decorations that are not 'professional'." Samantha quoted the air and rolled her eyes.

" Aren't all hospitals like that?" Jads protested.

Samantha scoffed." You're probably thinking about a mental asylum."

" There was a time, I caught Wesker wiping blood off himself in slow-mo." Zolton added.

They went down another flight of stairs and Samantha stationed herself before a keyboard attached to the wall and started typing on.