Chapter 5 : Experiment

Timothee's POV {The Next Day}

Ding dong! Ding dong!

"Hello young man?!" I squinted my eyes and checked the alarm on my nightstand.

6:49 AM

"But I already paid my balance." Sighing, I made my way down to the entrance. "Hello?! Young man?!" As usual, she's using her cane for knocking. "Good morning Mrs. Poppy." I said in a monotonous voice.

"Good morning son! I just came to stop by-"

"I already paid my re-"

"Yes! Yes! You'll pay next month as well but I have a problem, at the moment." I looked down to see her jot something on her notepad before shoving it back in her tattered sling bag. "I need help, young man." She paused. "My sink won't drain." Should she call a plumber for that?

" I'll look into it." "Thank you, young man!" I wore my slippers and followed her out to the street. "The others are complaining about it too! They said they can't get the thing out of their drains."

The thing?

" This way young man." We entered the porch of her house. "Wait while I open the door. Where is my keys?" She rummaged through her bag. What is thing she's talking about? "Aha! Let's get in!" I followed behind her. Nice house. Looks from the 80s. "The kitchen is in the left young man." I nodded and looked around. She's the landlady of Misty Street so I already expected receipts and business papers scattered on the sofa table.

What the- "Did you see it?!" She shouted from the second floor. I felt the T-virus react in me when I got closer to the sink. Mrs. Poppy went to the sofa. "How long has this been here?" I questioned. "Three days now Young man." She looked at me then went back to her knitting. I sighed, shuffling the contents inside my pockets. Good timing. I picked up an empty vial. "Mrs. Poppy, do you have any immediate relatives?" I hovered my hand on the black thing and transferred some to the vial. "I have a niece, young man. But she's far from here. My husband died five years ago from cardiac arrest. Now I am all alone for I cannot bear a child." Infertility.

" I see." I looked back to see her turning on the Television so I proceeded to fix the thing by disintegrating it. "It's already fixed ma'am."

"Thank you young man!"

Author's POV

Timothee went to his underground laboratory. Sliding his arms inside his lab coat and white gloves, he prepped two glass boxes and placed the black thing on each. After injecting some T-virus in him, he grabbed a swivel chair and sat. Examining the black substance inside the glass. Impressive. He grabbed a vial of the T virus and poured it onto the first container.

The gooey substance formed into a lump, and it's breathing. Timothee nodded in amusement and moved on to the second glass. He injected one vial of Uroboros on him and took another one, holding it up close to his face. "I'm sorry guys." He sighed as the liquid with uroboros cascaded into the glass. Timothee reviewed the reaction. "Wow." He chuckled when it devoured the Uroboros. Extraordinary. Timothee closed the second glass and noticed the first one's form turned hard. Like a dinosaur's egg.

"I see you like the T virus." He said when the shell started to crack and a four legged creature with a pointy tail came out. Oblivious to its surroundings, Timothee surveyed its movements. "Oh no you won't." He immediately placed the cover on top of the glass, delaying the creature's escape. "So naughty." He contemplated whether to give it another drop of the T virus but his eyes focused on his finger. "Let's see." He cut his finger with a scalpel and watched as the blood flowed through the edge of the glass when he opened the lid.

Timothee hissed in pain as he backed away from the container. The little monster drank all of his blood and formed into another lump like its former form. "Hiding again, huh?" He said while wiping the blood of his finger as the wound heals by itself. The shell broke off again and the same went out but much healthier and two times the size of the first one. "You're behave now." He stood up from the swivel and leaned his head towards the glass.

"The Las Plagas." Timothee smirked as he placed his index finger against the glass and the Las Plagas crawled closer to it and placed its leg as well. "New pet, huh?" He sighed as he picked up his phone and dialed Dr. Park.

"Hello?"

"It's Timothee. Can we meet?"

"Timothee! Sure! Sure! Where to?"

"Cafe near the hospital."

--

" Ah yes, we have received some news as well that the townsfolks are complaining about that black substance blocking their drainage. It's been weeks." Dr. Park took a sip of his coffee. " Days ago, you know Old Murphy from Little Village?"

"Don't know, don't care." Timothee replied.

Dr. Park rolled his eyes. " The night he was brought to the ward, he was moving around too much! Like, he doesn't even look his age or talk his age. Even when we took a blood test, the nurse said it looked like that of a sixteen year old's."

Timothee leaned back on his chair, crossed his arms on his chest. " Anything else?"

" He woke up after an hour or so and the nurse came to check up on him. She said that he was mumbling things she couldn't understand and suddenly, he grabbed her by the neck and started to choke her. What shocked her was his strength to do that. She almost turned blue. Good thing the others came quickly and detained him before he hurts the others."

Timothee's brows met as his mind wandered to ponder what the Doctor said. "This coffee is good!"

"Are you busy today, Dr?" Timothee asked.

"Busy? No. Diana is in charge when I'm gone."

" I have to show you something."

--

"This is remarkable!" Dr. Park exclaimed as he examined the Las Plagas inside the glass. "It bonded with my blood."

"Then have you figured out what to name it?"

Timothee shrugged. "Plaga?" Dr. Park laughed. Bzzz. Bzzz.

Timothee looked at his phone.

Lilith Parker

Lilith immediately stopped the call. "That was accidental."

"I'll be back Dr. Park."

"Sure thing son!"

Timothee went back up and dialed her again in which she swiftly answered. "You called?" He asked. Lilith smiled. "Y-Yeah. Well, I..."

"Accidentally pushed the call button?" Timothee finished her sentence.

"Stop reading my mind! By the way, the DVD you requested just arrived." Lilith twirled a piece of her hair.

Timothee chuckled. "Yeah, right. How should I get that from you?"

"Oh, uhhh, I can bring it there. So you won't have to break a sweat." She nervously laughed.

" Ok..."

*Eternal silence

Ummm, ok? Lilith closed her eyes as she pressed the end call button. Timothee pulled his phone away from his ear and looked at the caller's ID. " Cute."

****