Chapter 32: Conversation

Y/N

I groaned. My muscles relax as I arched it more and fell flat on a bunch of pillows. Another addition to the feels are the baby fishes nibbling on the dry skin on my feet. The water on the pond reaching up to my knees.

Behind me are glass sliding doors and an empty victorian hallway with lickers crawling about. These past few days, I felt nothing. Numb. I don't know how to name it. The seocnd I thought everything was fine, things start to take a sudden U-turn.

Things are going back to the way it used to be.

I lost count of how many times I picked my phone up and wished someone would pop up in the lock screen.

"Nada..." I looked back where mom's glass case is and my throat burned.

Dad's casket is no longer there but buried six feet under. I winced when a fish bit a little too hard on my toe so I lifted my legs in a hurry and scooted further away from the pond. My feet had tints of red here and there but atleast it's clean. I stared blankly at it and noticed the tint gradually fading.

It's healing.

I pulled my knees together and pushed myself up. Shoving my phone in my pockets, I carried the pillows back inside. There's no air conditioner here but it's so cold. The temperature of the marble floor made me curl my toes through each step I took. I rested the pillows on the sofa and sat on the floor in front of the fireplace.

Bringing my knees up to my chest, I took my phone out again. After I pressed the power button, a clink sound came behind me. Making me jolt in the process. Good thing I'm holding my phone with two hands or else it would be in the fireplace by now

Turning my whole body around, my eyes landed on a paper white glass plate with cookies in it. On the sofa opposite me was Timothee. Munching on a corndog.

I reached for the plate and halted. Mood swings. Bitterness filled my tongue as if the taste of those cookies would be bland. Despite it looking super mouthwatering.

It's like I taste death.

"That's not death. That's called loosing your appetite."

I looked at Timothee and he's just scrolling through his phone whilst biting the food on his other hand.

You know you can talk to me directly, right?

" I'm tired. It's much easier this way."

You're consuming energy though?

" Did you take your dose?"

I groaned. Getting on my feet, I grabbed two cookies and shoved them inside my mouth all at once. They're not that big anyway. I sat beside him and flung my legs on top of the table. Flopping my back on the fluffy cushion. We sat there in silence. Listening to the fire crackling from the wood burning inside the furnace.

"I shouldn't have ran away." I started. "Then they would still be ali–"

Timothee semi-threw his phone on the table. The phone almost sliding off the edge.

"It's all my fault. If only I knew–"

"Y/n..." He ran a finger through his hair.

"That was the last time I got to hug mom–"

"Y/n."

"When will this end?" My eyes started to water.

"Y/n."

"What if they take you too?"

"Now's not the time for this Y/n." He partially turned his upper body towards me.