Chapter 19 : Bioweapons don't love

Nathan scurried through the broken crates and found a shotgun and some ammos, thankfully. Veronica is now on her feet with two scorpion tails attached to her back. Her sting had a gooey substance glowing on the tip. Out of nowhere, a ginormous centipede crawled out of the mold and stood on its hind legs. Its skin was mixed with black and red and the muscles are ripped apart. On its head are big thin horns attached to a partially human head. Assumably Dorothy's head.

"YOU WILL NEVER GET OUT OF HERE." Dorothy shouted as she gagged and vomited black slime in different directions. Nathan and Veronica stepped aside and watched as soon as the substance landed on the floor, it formed into some kind of monster with sharp teeth and claws. They looke like venom. "What the fuck are these things?!" Nathan started shooting the others getting close to him.

"Ah! Meet the monsters joining us today! The molded!" Dorothy explained as she crawled through the ceiling.

" I don't have time for this!" Veronica leapt and dug her sting on Dorothy's lower centipede body. Dorothy screamed and let herself flop to the ground making a loud thud.

"Jesus Christ, these are worse than zombies!" Nathan exclaimed as he shot the molded by the leg to slow them down before eventually aiming for the head.

"Why waste time Veronica? You're dying!"

"Shut your fucking mouth." Veronica ran around, looking for a weak spot. " You're persistent as always. " Dorothy started vomiting again and more of the molded popped out.

" You gotta be kidding me!" Said Nathan as he reloaded his shotgun. Veronica stood from afar as she observed Dorothy's movements. She crawls fast but there's a five second interval. She stops to regain her energy. Maybe the centipede body is too heavy for her. In addition, she vomits once she's back on her feet. I don't know the properties of the mold but ...What if I cut the body one by one?

Veronica smirked as she stood her ground. "Time to use some inner talent." She dug her long nails to the ground and once she noticed Dorothy stop, she flexed her fingers and gritted her teeth. Dorothy's lower centipede body shaked violently and BOOM!
"NO!!! MY BODY!" Dorothy shrieked.

"Now I just have to know your weakness." Veronica ran around once Dorothy regained her composure. The same process went on and on. The cave started to fill with mold, blood and molded. Along with fresh bullet shells from Nathan's doing.

"You rely too much on the mold Dorothy." Veronica stared at the orange scab on Dorothy's chest. " SO WHAT?" Dorothy dragged her human body since the centipede is already gone and flopped on a pool of mold. Disappearing into the blackness of the substance. " Don't cower in fear bitch!" Nathan stood beside his wife. "After almost a decade, I can't believe I'll actually see you transform again."

Veronica rolled her eyes. "There's no time for distractions now hun." Nathan laughed. He was about to say something when the molded started to disappear like bubbles. The couple looked at the megamycete and it's beating rapidly. "NATHAN RUN!"

"What-"

Veronica pushed her husband away when Dorothy came up the ground and carried Veronica with her.

"VERONICA!!!" Nathan reloaded his shotgun but failed to fire when a molded branch penetrated his right leg and slammed him to the ground and removed itself after. Nathan cried as he held his leg with a hole while blood gushed out of the wound.

Dorothy and Veronica fought in the air. The blonded used the mold to make sharp branches while Veronica shielded herself with her scorpion tails. "I'LL MAKE SURE YOU'LL NEVER SEE YOUR FAMILY EVER AGAIN!"

Veronica was caught off guard and her right tail was sliced to half. Dorothy charged at her again and sliced the left tail but what she didn't notice is how one of Veronica's claws entered her chest and struck her heart. "THAT'S IT!" Dorothy laughed maniacally as she rose them both higher, the mold tangled their lower bodies. Veronica closed her eyes as she held her bestfriend's arms with hers while Dorothy screamed in pure anguish.

Nathan stared at them wide eyed as he saw the mold stop. It looked like a tangled tree branch. Suddenly, the structure started to calcify. They were slowly being coated with crystal shards as it climbed higher and higher each passing second. "No. No. No. VERONICA!!!" Nathan called out to the redhead.

Dorothy's body is already crystalized and it crept to Veronica's neck. "VERONICA!"

Veronica titled her head to the side as she gave Nathan a look one last time with a smile before she fully crystalized. The mold around the sewers calcified as well and fell down to the floor like broken cement. The only thing standing was the crystalized statues of Dorothy and Veronica holding each other in their arms. The impact made the megamycete explode and all of the drainage of the city oozed some steam. Indicating that the mold already died because of the host.

"Woah, how did this happen?" Mother Amelia stared at the kitchen sink in disbelief and she peeked through the blinds and saw the whole neighborhood go out of their houses and stare at the direction of the explosion. She made her way to the door and ashes started to fall from the sky.

"There was an explosion at the sewers!"

"Did you see that?"

"My toilet isn't clogged anymore!"

"Is everyone alright?"

Going back to Nathan, he didn't remove his eyes from Veronica's sky blue stature. Her locks were beautifully carved as well as her smile. A tear escaped from his eyes. "I love you." He whispered to himself. Then he heard clapping sounds coming from behind him.

"That was one hell of a veteran showdown, eh?"

Nathan turned his head and saw a man with his shades on and an all black outfit. " Wesker." Said him.

Wesker turned his head to Nathan and shook his head. " That's why Bioweapons aren't MEANT to fall in love." That was the last thing Nathan heard and saw before Wesker put a bullet straight to his head.

****