Chapter 49: Date 2.0

AUTHOR

Past ten AM, Timothee and Lilith are already outside the mansion. While the man was busy locking the doors, Lilith twirled behind him while staring at herself on the glass where her reflection is being mirrored.

"This is the first time I see you wear dark clothing." Said Timothee as he hushed the lickers inside and turned to his car.

Lilith grinned sheepishly at his remarks and checked her outfit one last time. A Byzantium colored ruffle lace dress, black stockings and platform boots.

It's basically Y/n inspired. Lilith thought to herself.

She soon followed Timothee inside the car and made herself comfortable. While she's on her phone talking to the woman she's meeting today, Timothee was busy typing something on the satnav. Suddenly, the logo of Umbrella appeared and spun clockwise. The red one at that. It made Lilith lower her phone and stare at the man beside her with wide eyes.

"Don't fret. I'm just gonna check something." Timothee reassured her and he scanned his fingerprint on the screen.

"Welcome, Sir Scarrow."

A female voice said and Timothee pressed on a microphone and spoke. "Show me the current status of the hive in Kansas."

" Scanning... 94% destroyed."

" Are there any survivors?"

" Three survivors detected."

Lilith and Timothee were taken aback. What are those three? Soldiers? Monsters? Doctors? They had to find out.

"What does that–"

"Shh!" Timothee placed his index finger on Lilith's nose. "Timothee signing off."

"Thank you, Sir Scarrow."

The red umbrella logo appeared again but this time it spun counterclockwise. Leaving the map where the hive is located.

" Sorry." Lilith softly said.

" It's Okay. It's just the voice recognition." He smiles at her and they drove off into the morning light.

--

After a couple of hours, Lilith and Timothee stopped by a 24 hour diner and decided to eat lunch before they head out. While Lilith munches, Timothee would throw random glances at her and laugh to himself whenever she burps or do her little dancing if she likes the food.

The diner was cozy. Cozy enough for travellers to relax and chillax before they head out for their journey. Behind it are farmhouses and a field of wheat with random cows mooing.  The two of them sat on a high stool facing each other. There's ice cream, coke, water, pasta and many other mouthwatering dishes you can ever think of.

While Timothee was drinking his cola, Lilith sheepishly grinned.

"I have a question for you." Lilith wiggles her eyebrows.

"Shoot." Said Timothee as he sealed the cola again with its cap.

"What do you carry in that dusty coat of yours?" She asked. Her eyes squinted to further intimidate the man.

Timothee held the right side of his coat open for Lilith to see. On the top are pockets with multiple vials of T-virus and Uroboros.

"You know what this is right?" He questions.

Lilith nodded immediately. "Your doses?"

Timothee then pulled a vertical piece of wood and flipped it open. Revealing a sharp silver blade.