Chapter 35: Presence

AUTHOR

"Take care, okay?" Y/n cooed as she lowered Carlos's visor. Engulfing him in black.

"I will." Carlos pinched her cheeks with his gloved hand before stepping out of the trailer. A large military bag on his back with a couple of rifles hanging on either sides of it.

Y/n went to see him off.

"You stay put Y/n! I'll be back soon!" Carlos gave her a flying salute before he disappeared into the cold misty night.

Tonight is the night they'll be deployed to scout the base of Blue Umbrella. Several cars have left and the citizens are inside their own tents or trailers.

Y/N

I geared up once no noise of car engines and soldiers shouting were heard outside. I slid into a sweatshirt, pants and jacket. Gotta make sure I blend in with the dark. I secured my harnesses around my hip and waist before holstering my gun and throwing knife.

I prepped my backpack as well.

Can't say how long this will be. I slung the bag over my shoulder and peered through the curtains. It's foggy. Just how I like it. I grabbed my car keys and left the trailer.

My boots crunched through the earth as I made my way to Twilight. If I'm gonna follow the BSAA to the base, she's the only one I can trust. And if I want to get my mind off things, I'd better keep myself busy.

A silhouette of a candle hinted that I was close. I made sure not to make a noise. A soft hum vibrated through my eardrums.

Twilight!

AUTHOR

An eerie breeze briskly brushed Twilight's hair off her shoulder. Sending shivers down her spine as she wrote on her notepad. The candle close to her nearly gave out when the opening of the tent was moved aside.

Thunder crashed.

A white line striked the obsidian sky enveloping the vast forest. A silhouette stood in front of her. Then something rose from behind the silhouette. Y/n's weave created a mini ball of fire. Illuminating her face.

"Oh for heaven's sakes!" Twilight almost dropped her pen to the sound of Y/n's laughter.

"I'm just fucking with you."

Twilight sighed. "What brings you here, dear? It's late!"

" I need you to tell me if you guys still give missions to Bioweapons."

Twilight was stunned.

" Y/n, what on earth made you think about that?"

Y/n didn't respond. The only sound was teh howling of the wind outside and the cackling of Y/n's fire attached to her weave.

"Your brother wouldn't like thi--"

"Timothee's not here."

Twilight ran a finger through her gray hair and closed her pen. She propped it beside her notepad and stood up.

"Here," she took a white parchment from her pockets and gave it to Y/n. "that's the map of the base. It's underground by the way, you know how Umbrella likes it. Now, this area is divided into five classes. It's what they call it."

" Ok."

Twilight points at the top right side.

"When you get there, there's a hatch hidden underneath a pile of overgrown vines. You can't miss it. It's a shortcut. The BSAA will probably enter through the main entrance which is the lift that will bring them down and I'm telling you Y/n, it's heavily guarded. So don't go near them." She warned her.
" Now when you get down the hatch, you'll pass through a sewer system."

" Please tell me there's a ladder as well?" Y/n crossed her arms.

" No."

" What?!"

" You have to swim."

Y/n gawked at her.

" Anyways, if you swim further, there's a dead end where you will find a metal door. That is Class 1. Do I have to explain everything else to you?"

Y/n chewed the insides of her mouth before shaking her head. " I think we're good."

" Alright. In regards to the person you're about to meet, she's the former assistant of Mena. You can find her in Class 4 or Class 5."

Y/n folded the map and turned around. " What do I get out of this?"

Twilight shrugged and stared at the back of her head. " Anything you want."

Y/n smirked. " See you, Twilight."

--

25 JAN 2021 1200
BSAA
Blue Umbrella Base

{Texts in Bold are radio messages}

"Holy son of a bitch. This place is massive." Said Allen once their armoured cars stepped inside Blue Umbrella's terrain.

On each corner are flood lights and barbed wires. Their very own soldiers are roaming around the vicinity. Wearing all black with a rifle pointing down.

" Can't these freaks do the job by themselves?" Asked Wicked while adjusting his mask.

CPT. Chris: They tried. But they lost plenty.

Nobody talked after that. Meanwhile, Y/n parked her car far away from the road and concealed it with her weave. From a distance, she saw the BSAA leaving their cars and entering the mechanical lift Twilight told her about.

"Impressive. Now I just gotta find some overgrown vines." Y/n proudly gave herself a pat on the back before sliding down the muddy trail she didn't notice was there.

She landed butt first.

"Jesus Christ!" She immediately covered her mouth when one of the soldiers looked towards her direction.

Y/n's heart raced as she pulled herself up and allowed her weave to navigate the hatch for her. When she looked around, the only buildings exposed were commercial buildings. Abandoned. Unoccupied.

The glass panes are cracked or broken. The walls are loosing their vibrant paints and the doors are unhinged.

Feels like Safe Haven. Minus the Stadium.

Y/n crouched beside a medium metal vault covered with what looks like a bush and ran her hands around it to study the surface.

Please let there be an opening.

Her fingers tingled when her weave touched a rusty handle poking in the middle. She widened her eyes when she slowly lifted the handle and the valve made a low creaking sound. She stopped midway.

B.U Soldier: Did you hear that?

Y/n didn't move her hands but her weave- and it being alive- continued on by itself.

"Nononononono! Shit!"

B.U Soldier: Who's there?

Y/n heard three footsteps headed her way. She panicked. The old valve creaked wildly as she used her full strength to make a gap enough for her to fit in.

B.U Soldier: On my count--

Y/n threw her bag inside.

B.U Soldier: One.

She pushed herself down.

B.U Soldier: Two.

Her weave anchored her down.

B.U Soldier: Three. HANDS IN THE AIR.

The hatch closed.

****

Wear your gas masks people!