Boxing Match

A/N: Hailee x Reader

Requested by: ZWolf8264

Summary: Y/n has a professional boxing match against (I'm just gonna pick Amanda Serrano cause that's all who I know tbh, sorry! Also I know she's got a lot of wins but yeah!) Amanda Serrano and Hailee goes to support her but has a lot of anxiety for her.

Also, I'm watching the Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano fight just to observe her and that's mostly where I'll get a lot of the inspo for this. Sorry!

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hailee's POV:

You know how people say that it sucks seeing your girlfriend or boyfriend hurt? Yeah, well imagine having to see that all the time. Boxing is my girlfriend's sport and she does it as a profession which I sometimes hate. Especially the one time that she got hit by an illegal hit and when she got up too quickly, she stumbled into her corner but she won that fight by knock out two rounds later. I hate not being able to talk to her during rounds if I'm honest but she has to focus and I respect that. Sometimes.

Right now, my girlfriend's walking out and I'm walking with her, however there's a lot of people trying to pat her back, cheering her name. I can tell that she isn't nervous. She's smiling, chilling and relaxing but I've seen a few of Serrano's fights and I've seen almost all of Y/n's fights. I really can't tell if I'm honest, of course, I don't want my girlfriend to lose.

But Serrano's such a threat! I mean she literally has 42 wins and 30 of them are by knock out. I'm allowed to be worried!

She gets in the ring and I go to get directed to my seat but Y/n quickly gets out and stops the people, giving me one last hug. Doing our handshake that we do before every fight and she kisses my cheek.

"I love you." She whispers to me in my ear,

"I love you, be careful, okay?" I warn her, staring her down and pointing at her. She chuckles at this.

"I'm always careful." She rebuttals, cockily, smiling at me. I laugh at her rebuttal and when I walk to my seat in the front row and in her corner, I'm seated with my family and Griffin's beside me.

"Do you think she's nervous?" Griffin asks me, leaning over to me. I take a deep breath in, feeling my smile drain almost immediately as I begin to watch Y/n get in the ring and Amanda already being in there.

"I—I don't know." I answer in reply to his question, we both begin to clap as Y/n's name gets announced and I look up at the big screen at the top.

***

Amanda and Y/n touch gloves then move back to either corner, the referee asks both of them if they are ready and they both nod their head, the bell rings and the match starts. Both move forward and Amanda quickly throws a jab that Y/n dodges before hitting a body shot but retreating for another throw of Amanda. Moving to the right, jabbing. Amanda puts her gloves up. Y/n goes for a jab, I can tell she's trying to find the reach.

For the love of god, please be okay...

Y/n's POV:

I try to see what I can get, I have to admit, Amanda's good. I try for another jab, trying to see the reach and if I can get a hit in. Amanda goes for a hit, I use my shoulder to block it then quickly right hook, getting a land. She retreats.

"Push! Push! Push!" I hear my corner shouting at me, I push forward, "Body! Go for body!"

"Guard! Amanda, guard!" I hear her corner shout to her, I throw a body shot then a hit to the head however she blocks the head hit. She goes for a jab and I miss and try to move out the way yet she clenches onto me. I try to move back out of the clench, hitting her stomach yet she has my arms tightly to my body. Ref moves us away and tells Amanda off.