Parental Struggles

A/N: Nadine x Reader

Requested by: Thira_Harris

I changed the idea a little bit, hope that's okay <3

Summary: Nadine is Y/n's girlfriend and Y/n is rich but has a bad relationship with her parents and Nadine comforts Y/n whenever they fall out.

I also got some inspo from Atypical <3

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV:

I'm over at Nadine's house waiting for her to come back from getting a drink of water as my stupid parents are continuing to complain about wanting to meet her and how I always hide them from her and I hate to stay it's true but it is, it's for a good reason though! I swear! I just... don't exactly think that Nadine will like them and it's not like I have a great relationship with them either as they continuously go on holiday or on the family's yacht. I hate it. Not the yacht, I like the yacht but my parents.

All they ever do is spend money and I hate it as they could be investing their money a lot more smartly as recently they've just been spending it on everything and anything. 

"I'm back! You ready to watch the movie?" She asks me, I nod my head, sighing and putting my phone in my pocket annoyed, she stops. "...Did I do something?" She asks me, I look over and she looks upset, I sit up and put my arms out.

"No, no, you did nothing. Just my parents." I complain, putting my arms out, wanting a hug; she walks over and sits her drink down before she moves between my legs and lets my rest my head against her stomach as she runs her hand through my hair.

"What've they done now, love?" She asks me, I sigh.

"They want me to go to one of their yacht parties as I could possibly meet the love of my life even though I've told them on so many occasions that I'm not straight and that I'm dating you! And they want to meet you to see if it's the real deal but I don't exactly want you to meet them because of how annoying and rude they are." I complain to her, I hear her mumble something and look up at her, she pats my thighs and I move them in a little so she can sit down on my lap, she straddles my lap and rests her hands on my cheeks, cupping my face.

"I'm sorry, baby. Can I help?" She asks me, I shrug lightly.

"I—I don't know." I mumble, "I just hate how they spend so much money on shit things, things that don't matter or they don't even care about me." I explain to her, she cups my face and she runs her hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry, baby." She apologises to me, "How about you go see them? I come with you and help you." She tells me, I shrug.

"I—I don't know, I don't exactly want you to meet them." I express to her, she sighs lightly.

"I know, I just... I just thought it might be good to help." She explains to me, I nod my head. I feel bad for telling her that I don't want her to meet them. I just really don't want her to put up with that.

"I—I mean... I... I guess. I suppose... we could." I let out, her eyes light up at this.

"Really?!"

"Y—Yeah."

"Oh! Thank you so much!" She says, kissing all over my face and grinning ear-to-ear. I chuckle at this and hold her tightly. I never want to let her go.

*****

It's party time! My parents are throwing a party on their yacht and basically, they are going to meet Nadine. I'm really nervous but I'm really excited as Nadine gets to see what my life is like and why I want to spend time with her. I'm driving toward the yacht with Nadine in the passenger's side, she's being really chill about this, I think anyway; I think anyway, she isn't telling me anything. She isn't really talking either.