"Never giving up" 2

A/N: Hailee x Reader

PART TWO!

WOOOOOO

HERE WE GO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV:

I'm at Track Practise and as I cross the line first, I start to jog over to my water, I take a sip and hear a light laugh.

"Damn, who managed to bring the Hailee here?" I hear one of my friends asks, I turn around to see Hailee with her legs crossed on the bleachers with my hoodie on; looking at me, I give her a smile and wave. Getting one back. "Oh? Y/n?" She asks me, I look down and see Georgia.

"Yes?" I ask her, taking a sip of my water and trying to calm my breathing down.

"You got Hailee here?" She asks me, I nod my head.

"Woah, Y/n, you got a girl and didn't tell us?" I hear my friend, Brooke, ask me, nudging me. "Go you." She cheers me on, I hang my head back and laugh at this, moving the hair out of my face before moving my head down to Brooke,

"You're funny." I tell her, she hums at this giving me a teasing look. 

"You gonna go see your girl or not?" Jade asks me, I nod my head.

"Yeah, she's better than you bums." I reply, smiling at them and grabbing my water and jogging to Hailee, I jump over the fence and run to the top moving beside her.

"Hey, stranger." She greets me, I laugh at this.

"Oh, I'm the stranger?" I ask her, she nods her head smiling at me. "Well..." I tilt my head for a moment, "I would complain but how can I when you look beautiful in my hoodie." I express to her, seeing a blush form on her cheeks, she shows me how oversized the arms are, "Aww." I hum out, 

"I like how oversized it is. I might steal your hoodies more." 

"Only if I get a few of yours." I reply to her, her eyes lighting up for a moment before she nods her head lightly, humming at the idea.

"So," She starts, looking at the team, "how's the team treating you?" she asks me, I shrug lightly. Tilting my head from side-to-side.

"They are fine. How are you?" I ask her, nudging her as I say 'you' since I've never really heard Hailee complain about anything, she's always just asked me about me and I feel bad about how we always talk about me and never about it; what if she wants to talk to someone but no one wants to listen. I'd feel horrible.

"Me?"

"Yeah. You." I nod my head, she sighs lightly and turns to me,

"Can I be honest?" She asks me, I nod my head and move my leg to the bit underneath and face her.

"Yeah, 'course." I let out, she sighs and glances at me before turning her head in my direction, I give her an assuring smile that she returns; her shoulders fall.

"I'm really tired." She lets out, "And... I feel like I need a break but... I... I don't know how to ask for one, cause I don't want to disappoint anyone, you know?" I nod my head lightly, I can understand where she's coming from. "I...I don't know. I just... sometimes wish I could just take a breathe and—and just fully look at what I've done." She expresses me, before shrugging. Looking down to her hands that fall onto her lap, "But I feel like if I do that... everyone will just be mad at me." She concludes, I move closer to her.

"Hey, hey, come here." I tell her, she leans into me and I give her a hug. She changes her position to make it more comfortably. "I'm sorry that you're going through that, it must not be easy." I try to sympathise, she nods her head lightly and I can see her trying not to cry which really upsets me, Hailee is a bubbly person and a really happy person. The light of my life. The ball of light that just likes to fly around me that I quite enjoy watching. So, to see her upset and exhausted, it's upsetting. "I have an idea, I have a... great! Great, idea." I tell her, excitedly, earning a laugh from her as we pull away from the hug. I see a sad smile on her face, I can tell that she's trying really hard to put a smile on her face.