Break up then Make up

A/N: Hailee x Reader

Summary: Y/n and Hailee break up mutually and when Hailee finds out that she talked about her in an interview, she panics but soon relaxes when she hears Y/n and what she says. Them reconnecting after 3 months and realising that there is still something there.

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hailee's POV:

My girlfriend, Y/n, has been acting really weird lately and I'm scared that she's gonna leave me, I don't want her to go, I want her to stay and I want to be with her but it's like no matter what I do, she just pushes me away, and I don't even know why. I've tried to ask her why but she got angry and stormed off into another room.

"Hailee?" I hear Y/n shout to me, I head into the living room and see her offering a short smile. "Hey, can... can we talk?"

"Why? Is something wrong?" I ask her, she pats the spot beside her. I sigh, walking over and sitting down beside her. I see her take my hands in hers, her offering a short smile.

"I want to talk to you about what's going with me recently." She answers in reply, I decide to stay quiet, letting her continue. "I know I've... been a little... off." She starts, tilting her head from side-to-side, "I just thought that you deserved to know that... I—It's not your fault or anything to do with you, it's just... me." She explains to me, "I don't know why but I just wanna be alone all the time and I feel so suffocated sometimes, and if I want to be alone sometimes it gets to the point where I get angry and start snapping at people even though I know they don't deserve it." She continues to explain to me, "I've tried to help it for a long time but it's hard... it really is... and I don't wanna be that... awful person that drags you down with me." She continues on to say, I narrow my eyes a little bit. "Plus, we depend on each other to the point where I always feel so tense and so scared that I'm going to lose you but in the end, I'm pushing you away if I do both." She continues to say, sighing. Her eyes falling to the floor, she pulls my hands up to her lips, placing a kiss on the back of my hands.

"What're you trying to say?" I ask her, barely above a whisper.

"I... I think we should... take some time a part." She expresses to me, I feel my heart drop, my heart falling into the pit of my stomach.

"What...?" I ask, quietly.

"I think... it'd be best. I mean, I—I still love you— I love you so much." She tells me, pulling me closer to her, I lean into her, moving onto her lap.

"I don't wanna lose you—"

"—I know, I... I know." She lets out, nodding her head. "But I really need a break and I think that it'd be the best for now— but—" I let a few tears fall down, looking down. "Haiz, look at me." I hear her say, I look at her, seeing her wipe my tears. "I love you so much and I want to be a good girlfriend to you, but my mental health is important and I don't want it to get worse before I mess up. I still wanna be friends and I still have the feeling that we're gonna be together for the rest of our lives." She expresses to me,

"I love you..." I tell her, she smiles softly.

"I know... And I love you." She tells me, placing a kiss on my cheek and continues to wipe my tears away.

"W—Was it something I did? O—Or didn't do?"

"No. No, it's just... me." She answers, softly, "I know it must sound really dumb but—"

"No, you're mental health is important, my love." I tell her, nodding my head. She hums softly,

"I know. And so is yours, which is why I still wanna be with you, I just need... time." Y/n expresses to me,