Eclipse - Together for Two become One -

A/N: Emily Dickinson x Reader

Y/n is basically Ben in this, to be honest.

Summary: Y/n and Emily go to watch the eclipse with one another and when they do, Emily hears Y/n muttering something before she realises it's a poem. The two bond over it and anti-marry one another.

HERE WE GO!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emily's POV:

I watch as my mother walks away from the dining room and I hear the door knock, I gasp and smile widely; heading over toward the door and opening it a little bit, I peak my head around to see Y/n. My lover, best friend and the only person who understands me. She's been helping my father as she has some good ideas and managed to shut him up.

"Hello," She grins out, I move the door open wider and grin, smiling to myself. "how are you, Emily?" She asks me, I move out of her way.

"I'm fantastic, come in! Come in." I respond, she comes in and coughs lightly, covering her mouth.

"I do apologise, I have a bit of a cold from this freezing winter." She chuckles out, I shut the  door behind her and look at her in worry, moving close to her, entangling our hands together. Her hands are freezing cold.

"Are you okay? Do you want to just stay in?" I offer, she gasps at this and shakes her head, resting her right hand on the nape of my neck.

"I can't." She replies softly, shaking her head. "I can't do that to you, I promised you and I... I want to see it. I want to see it with you." She corrects herself, smiling at me as she stares at me with hearts as eyes that I feel myself blush at slightly, "I wouldn't want to see it with anyone else." She expresses to me, I rest my hands on her shoulders.

"Please, I insist to take care of you. You are ill—"

"I will be fine, Em. I promise." She assures me, grinning widely. Removing my hands from her shoulders, taking a hold of them. "I just... I know that I want to see this eclipse... and there won't be another for decades." She reminds me, before beckoning toward the door, looking over at the door then over at me. "Please, I insist we go." She expresses to me, I stare into her eyes and smile widely, giggling to myself.

"Fine." I hum out, "Only..." I start, making her lower her head lightly, a light smile on her lips. "if you let me take care of you afterwards."

"Emily—"

"—Oh, please. Come on, let me show you what a good little housewife I could be." I plead with her, taking my dress in my hands and moving it from left-to-right, plastering on my best smile for her. She giggles at this and nods her head excitedly.

"Yes, yes, of course. I agree." She agrees, I let out a small squeal and I remove my hands from my dress and walk over to my jacket, I pick it up and put it on, grabbing my scarf. I feel Y/n take it from me, "I'll take a hold of it for you." She informs me,

"Thank you." I hum out, curtsying as a slight joke. She giggles at this and I button my jacket up, opening the door for us. She wraps the scarf around me and I flick the scarf around, making her laugh. I head outside and she joins me after a moment, she shuts the door behind herself and we begin to set off. To go watch the eclipse.

I'm so excited!

***

We arrive at a large grass field where quite a lot of people are to watch the beautiful eclipse that is going to happen, I swear I can't wait for it! It's as if my body is burning cold and as soon as it happens, the coldness will subside and a warm fire will light up when it moves past again, making me feel... like a poem might come to my head when it does happen.