Formalities & Facts : Sorted?

Note : this is what I could come up with..

---------------

It was 29th may..

She rushed towards the 3rd floor of the hotel... They were having dinner with their parents and she was late..

The last time they had to invade the question of marriage and settling down , so now they had planned to actually be open with their parents since both of them had eased up to the whole thing ..

Even though they didn't want to say it directly but  wanted to convey to their parents that this relationship is something that they both're willing to hold onto..
Reasons were obvious... Neither of them wanted their parents to overthink ..

She got out of the lift and went to the front desk... She was escorted to their table once she informed..

"hi...I'm sorry I'm late..."

She joined in sliding beside him.. It was a round table.. So their mothers sat adjacently and fathers sat beside their mothers .. It was an open area..

K : we all knew that you would be late.. It has become a fact.

She gave him a smile that definitely gave him the message" shut up before I plan to kill you "

Papa : wrong...

Suddenly her dad intervened...

K : sorry uncle... I was just..

He tried to clarify it was only silly leg pulling...

Papa : it was always a fact... From the day she's born..

She closed her eyes and moved her head..
She knew her dad well..

There was a silence but all of them laughed once one started..

T : this is not funny at all..

" it's only family anyway... How does it matter and she was working"  his mother came in her support still trying to stop the laugh...

T : "thank you aunty.... I think I don't need more reasons.. I simply owe you."

K : I wonder why I never got this kind of defending..

He tried to Crack a light joke about how his mother always let his father Handle him..

"she did... She always did... Just not in front of you.."  his father jumped to defend his mom.

He recalled how after every punishment, when he was alone his mother used to sit down with him and just let him snuggle into her arms silently... He would never be able to get over that..

For few seconds he looked at his father and then to his mother and thanked her by blinking his eye and gave a sweet smile.. She noticed it and smiled at the realisation that how sweet it was..

" I always protected both my kids from their mother's warth.." her  father started...

T : papa...

"only to use it in future against them.."  he completed with a little laugh..

"yes... Only to hide it from me when he  used to smoke at home."  her mother said sarcastically ..

She remembered how it used to be when they both were around 15 or 16.. Usually on the 2nd floor balcony her dad would smoke around afternoon and ask her or her brother to not tell his mom...

He held her hand below the table as conversations continued along with dinner..

K : your parents are too cool..