Jealousy & Abstinence

Note : just a random one... I hope the chapter is okay.. Happy reading..

--------------------------------------------

They pulled away after a while, as they heard footsteps. She arranged herself before coming out.. Her face was flushed with embarrassment and she couldn't meet eyes with his parents..

Mom : maybe we can make something and eat here. He's still having a little difficulty while walking.

T : yeah.. We can..

The cook was already there. Normally he would let the guy - Ramesh stay off the hook but not when his parents were there. He knew his mother would definitely go for a full course meal and he had specifically asked the cook that either you or someone should be there to help.

Ramesh : kya banayege...

T: kadhi chawal..

Ramesh : aap ya mummy?

The cook gave her a strange expression..

T: I'm just going to help.

Ramesh : that's what I thought....I mean she makes nice food.

The cook said it all knowingly..

She was there lingering around the house while he sat with his dad having some argument over politics.. She stayed in kitchen checking on the food and giving them updates about the progress..

He went inside for bath and she slipped from the kitchen..

T : can you stop ignoring me??

She leaned on the door as she said it, trying to be cute.

K : you had the option but you decided to waste it.

T : please. I think they are noticing that we're fighting.

He moved his head in denial and she started making faces at him but he ignored it.

After that they all sat down for lunch.

On one side his parents sat and on the other, both of them. She was excited like a kid and he loved her excitement.

T : I need to learn this from you aunty.. This is so good.

Mom : he loves it. Even if it's not made properly he's obssessed with it.

T : he told me.

Papa : our Punjabi dishes are the best..

T : I know.. I love them..

Papa : even out of India the craze is there.

She chatted animatedly with his father. She left by afternoon and he gave her just a side hug..

The next two days were completely hectic for her as she had to shoot continuously. They were in touch through messages and calls but he definitely didn't interact properly.

On the morning of 1st March, she dropped by with some homemade snacks and dropped them with his mother.. They asked her to have breakfast with them as the cook was preparing.

She was sitting there when his father asked her to change some setting on his phone. She did that and came to the kitchen.

Cook : apake liye puri banade.? Sabji main Chole Hai.

T : kyun?

She said without paying attention.

Cook : apko Pasand Hai na?