Can We Just Grow Old Together?

Note : I'm super sorry for being late. I was held up with work and some other things.

Hopefully the chapter is okay. Happy reading.

P. S. - this is just a fiction.

After dinner at the Macdonald nearby they started. She sat there beside him in his car.

Her friend Priya kept pinging.

Pri : are you guys dating?

Pri : is he the one?

T : 🙈

Pri : ofcourse... Otherwise why would he hold you like that.

T: that was super embarrassing.

Pri : oh please that was hot af. You should have seen few people's faces. Is he always like this.

T: most of the times.

It felt nice to hear her friends praising him.

T: how many cars you've?

K : currently 3.

T : you always go for luxurious ones.

K : no my first was a Maruti Suzuki. I always opt  for what I can afford.

T: that's why it's me?

K : if I can afford you?

T : like you know.. You feel this girl is okay for me. I'm not super expensive.

K : you're more like a glass. I have to handle with care.

T : I know if 2 years back we met we wouldn't be here.

K : may be that's why we didn't meet earlier. What's bothering you.

T: you can get anyone you want.

K: I doubt that.

She looked up as their eyes met. They left the conversation mid way.

It was 12: 30. They stopped at a traffic. A small 6 year old came with a rose bouquet. Near by road side his whole family was combining flowers and all.

The little guy peeked over the window shield. She opened it and smiled at the flowers..

The 6 year old innocently offered the red flower bouquet by showing his half broken teeth and she took it. She looked at Karan and showed him the bunch with a guilty smile.

He pulled out a single note and asked her to hand it out. It was a Rs. 2000 /- note and like everytime he didn't care for the change.

She realised his empathetic part made him more vulnerable. He didn't mind to do something for others as long as it's with in his capacity. She liked it cause noone noticed or highlighted but he didn't care.

When they reached back it was around 2. She slept on her side folding her legs close to her chest and  flowers were there close to her chest.

He leaned on the seat as he observed her. She looked like a baby. He took a snap on his phone.

He got out of the car and went to her side. When he called her she tried to push him so he doesn't interrupt her sleep.

So he picked her up in a bridal style. She just opened her eyes for one sec, saw him and closed it again after enclirling her arms around him.
He took the lift when one old couple also entered on 4th floor.

He had to adjust so that her legs will not be hitting them.. He murmered a quick sorry.

Old lady : your wife??