****

When Jin heard his doorbell ring, he whispered a prayer in his head in silence. He was packed up and ready to go, but he knew he had signed himself up for a weekend that would be a nightmare. He longed to be able to shut his eyes and have the weekend vanish into thin air.

He inhaled deeply before opening the door, which led him straight into the terrifying day of his life. He welcomed Jungkook with a smile that was forced through tightly closed lips. "Hi."

"We have fallen behind schedule by five minutes. On the road, there will soon be a buildup of traffic. I would appreciate it if you could bring this basket into your apartment. It has many objects that you might find helpful while walking a dog. In addition, several leashes and instructions on how to use them effectively are included in the bundle. I will take your bag to the car.

Please do not put off coming outside; you will have the chance to inspect everything in the basket as soon as you get back to the apartment, which should be no later than Sunday evening at seven o'clock."

Jungkook gave the basket he was holding to Seokjin, grabbed Jin's bag, and then went toward the vehicle parked in front of the apartment building.

It took some time for Jin to go from the front of his door to the next location. While he stood there with the enormous basket in his hand, he attempted to absorb how Jungkook had communicated to him. His gaze was drawn to the basket, and upon closer inspection, he saw that it included quite a few things; it seemed as if Jungkook had crafted a unique basket only for him. He came upon something with the word "Bam" printed on it, but he was unsure what it was.

****

The plan that Seokjin had before he got into Jungkook's car was to put earphones in his ears so that he could listen to music throughout the almost two-hour drive to Kkotji beach. However, he neglected to pack them and realizing this instantly made him unhappy.

"Are you of the opinion that it's impressive how you play hard to get?" As Jungkook was leaving the area in front of Jin's apartment, he posed a question to him.

Jin gave him a sidelong look before saying, "I don't think that's correct. I was never playing hard to get. I was just not interested in going on a date with you. On the other hand, I don't believe you'll ever be able to understand that concept, so here I am."

"You were playing hard to get. I know that. I have had guys try that with me before. They played hard to get so that I would chase after them. I don't chase after anyone. Many people try to get into relationships with me via unconventional means. However, I am not suitable for everyone because I have unusual preferences.

I will allow you to date me because I think it will benefit you and also because you are similar to the kind of person I like to go out with. But, it would be best if you concentrated on improving your communication skills; however, no one is perfect. You are still young, which is something I am not used to. Regarding us going out together, this is a worry of mine. I hope you are not the kind of person that is jealous and clingy.

When I give my word to someone, I don't do anything dishonest. No one else could compete for my attention if I am interested in you. I hope you can notice this so that you may alleviate some of your concerns.

I am not a possessive or clinging person, yet there are times when I am jealous. When it's necessary, I give people space, and I always respect their privacy. I hope you can give the same respect to me as well.

Now, I'd like you to tell me about your previous romantic experiences. Except, would it be more convenient for you if I went first?"

When Jin groaned and replied, "please do go first, I am sure you are aching to tell me," he turned his head toward the car window.

"I am not bursting at the seams to share anything with you. On the other hand, I do not shy away from sharing. In the past, I've been in two different relationships. It should come as no surprise that none of them succeeded. If one of them had done what they were supposed to, I would not be here with you now. The first man I was with dumped me. The second man I ended things with.

Together, we were making good progress. On the other hand, he desired children, while I was unsure whether or not I was prepared to become a parent. I've been told that I wouldn't make a good parent, so naturally, it is something that I give a lot of thought to.

Children are unique and should be treated with more tenderness than adults. Anyway, it is not a relevant issue. The fact that he made an effort to get pregnant on purpose was the last straw for me, and I ended our relationship.

In the last two years, I dated. However, no committed relationships. How about you?"

Jin had a lot of questions, but he chose not to ask them, "I have had about six or seven relationships in the past."

"Seokjin, are you trying to deceive me? You are twenty-two years old; why did you have so many?" Jungkook did not believe it.

"Deceive you? Why would I?" Jin chuckled, "It's the truth. I get asked out a lot. Relationships are formed, but they don't work out."

The pause in the conversation that followed was something that Jin valued very much.

"We might not be very compatible, Seokjin."

"I would agree, Jungkook."

A sigh escaped Jungkook's mouth as he said, "I hope you take this chance seriously. I can't promise that we will have a relationship or that you will make me your number eight, but there's a chance that something will happen between us in the future. Are your parents aware that you have been with seven different men?"

"Who determined that they were all men?"

Another moment of silence filled the car, and Jin pressed his lips together as he stared out the window.

"Alright, I don't know who they were or how they identified themselves, but did your parents know about them?"

"No."

"That's excellent. Never let your parents know you are someone to be ashamed of."

"Excuse me?"

"Seokjin, you have spent time with many different individuals. However, even though I am willing to make an exception for it since I believe that we have a more profound connection that has not yet been established, I am quite afraid that you could have an issue with commitment.

Given what has occurred between us up to this point, you cannot fault me for expressing this worry considering the circumstances. You did not show up for our first date, and even though you had promised to provide me with two cups of coffee, you did not accomplish any of those things."

"I never promised you anything, and stop making exceptions for me. Also, yes, I have a lot of commitment issues. You don't want to date me. I will cheat on you. I am not a good person, Jungkook. Someone as special as you deserves the best. I am not the best." Jin decided that maybe trying a different tactic would help allow Jungkook to leave him alone.

Jungkook nodded in agreement as he drove, "you are not the best. I am aware of that. I make exceptions for you because if I don't do it, who else will? It would be best if you had someone like me. You won't cheat on me, you might have done that to others, but you won't do that to me. I am a good guy, Seokjin, and I know deep down you can be a good guy too. Bam likes you, and he doesn't like Hoseok, which shows me a lot.

Let's agree to meet each other in the middle as we go together down this path. If something isn't going to work out, it won't work out. I won't coerce you into spending time with me, but at the same time, I won't deny you the chance to seize this opportunity. It is important that we be able to get acquainted with one another. I challenge you to broaden your perspective and join me in enjoying this weekend. I won't bother talking to you again if you don't."

Jin turned and looked at Jungkook, "is that promise? If I don't enjoy this weekend and tell you that, will you leave me alone?"

"I will. It will be your loss, not mine."

"You have much too much self-confidence!"

"Thank you. We should all believe in ourselves."