Chapter Fifty Eight

The big one :)

But yes, most importantly, i wanted to say that everything in this chapter is purely what i research for on the internet and what i've come up with. I do not know the real procedurs of such trials and will probably never know much about it but i did try my best ! I will say that it's probably not what whould happen in such moments, but ! We're in a fanfiction, everything in possible in those :)
So please, be mindfull of this :)

Also, Trigger Warning for everything concerning the stuff Jake talked about.
(Violence, Murders, Murders threats, Assaults, Rape, Human trafficking, Torture ect)

  ________________________________________________

  "Reports were made to me that some of my underlingers where partaking in some inexcusable activities." Levoy started to say. "Mister Glave, if you could." He said, pointing to a big screen that i didn't give much attention until now.

My breath caught itself in my throat and i felt Jake's hand going on top of mine that was resting on my laps. I... didn't know they would be showing the evidences. It was predictable but i just... forgot that detail. I glance to Jake's side. He was looking at me with an hint of worry ? Or he was trying to apologize for what i would be seeing.

It wasn't his fault.

The sound of a projector was heard and a first pictures showed up. Fortunately, it was just a list of name. Twenty three of them.

"As you can see on this list, twenty three men were involved in this." He then proceed to name them all, but i didn't really care for that. I wouldn't remember their names. "Which is quite a bit. Next, please."

The same guy as before pushed a button on the remote of the projector. I was only able to watch for a second the pictures that were showed. From what i gathered, it was a collage of multiples pictures. With dead bodies.

"Damn..." I whispered, turning to Jake and closing my eyes.

"I'm sorry you have to see this." Jake said, whispering so soft that i barely heard it. I shook my head to him. It wasn't his fault.

"At least two hundred and fifty six bodies were repertoried. One hundred and three women, Sixty four children and eighty nine men. Rapes were made. Human trafficking with the bodies of the younger ones. Organs were taken and sold." I could hear him talk and i could hear this Glave guy change the pictures on the screen. But i couldn't watch them.

"Were the names of the victims found ?" I heard a woman talk. She sounded pissed. Which was comprehensible.

"Only a hundred and sixteen. My men and me are currently still looking for the ones that we weren't able to name."

"The twenty three men inculpated are the only ones involved ? You have them all ?" Another man talked.

"We do believe that they are the only involved, yes." Levoy responded.

I had opened my eyes a bit earlier, but i was still avoiding looking at the screen if i could. Jake had his jaw clenched and was still looking at the screen. He looked like he was going to be sick, or something. I tightened my grip on his hand.

"You don't have to look Jake." I whispered. I didn't want the other to hear what Jake and i were saying. It was none of their business. Plus, they all seemed focused on what was being said and showed.

"It's... harder than i imagined. And they did choose to use the worse pictures they had in hands. I don't know if i should be relieved of not." He whispered to me. I could understand that. If they used the worse, they could push the matter a bit farther. But still, those pictures where already enough to demonstrate what had been going on.