Chapter Three

I was inside Alan's car that was surprisingly not his work car. I thought cops were supposed to use one when working. But then, it had been an emergency, he probably didn't have time to take the office one for all i know.

My head was against the window, looking at the sky. It should be raining soon. It smell like it and the slightly lighter sky had dark clouds.

The ride was silent. No one was talking and there was no music from the radio. I couldn't even hear myself breathing. It was like before, like i wasn't really there. I knew that Alan had looked at me a couple of times without saying anything. Not that i mind. I wasn't up for talking anyway.

Suddenly, i felt my phone vibrate against my leg. Quickly, i drew my phone out of my pocket, unlocking it. I knew what i was expecting. I was hoping that Jake had messaged me. Obviously, it wasn't the case. Jessy had send me something. And i knew that she had lost Richy, really, i know that. But i wasn't in the mood to confront any of them.

« Your friends ? »

« Maybe. »

« You should answer them. Filling them in. »

I turn to look at him. « Aren't you a cop ? Shouldn't you say to me to not talk about what had happened ? »

« It will be on the news by an hour or two. Then or later, it doesn't matter at this point. » He took a turn before entering an underground parking. I hadn't noticed that we were already at the police station.

After parking his car on a spot that was literally for him ; his name was on the wall, he pulled his keys, looking back at me.

« I will escort you to the station, you are welcome to stay here as long as you want as i think you haven't made any arrangement before coming here. You can also call someone to come and take you back. But i will need to eventually question you on the case of Hannah Donfort. I will let you rest before that. Are you available anytime soon thought ? »

« Probably. I'll contact you. » I left the car, walking outside like i knew where i was going when in reality it was just because i knew logically where the door was. I waited for him to pull out his badge and open the entrance reserved to the person working here, like i knew he would use. I'm good at reading people.

« Come on. »

I silently followed him inside, not really looking around because honestly, white walls were not enough to distract me. He opened a door and signal me to come inside. It was a sort of waiting room with a couple of chairs. On one side was a desk where a guy was talking to someone on the other side. A cop and a normal guy.

« You can sit here. And use your phone if you need. I'll come back to you when your bike is here. »

I nodded and looked as he entered another room. Probably an office or something, i don't know.

What am i supposed to do ? Should i call someone ? Respond to Jessy ? Try to contact Jake even if i know that it's impossible for him to answer me. He...

I hadn't had more time to thing because my phone vibrate once again. Breathing hard, i pulled my phone out, unlocking it once again. The group chat and Lilly. I should answer Jessy first.

>Jessy
Judith ? Judith what happened ?

And with the video call, i knew that she knew too. But i wasn't supposed to see that.

>Me
Richy was the man without a face. I'm sorry Jessy.

>Jessy
What happened there ? ! Where's Richy now ?

>Me
I...

I couldn't do it.

>Me
I'm sorry Jessy.