Chapter Fifteen

"Are you ready to go ?"

"Yes ! Are we taking my car or yours ?"

"I wanted to take my bike but i don't have a second helmet. So my car ?"

"Wait ! Phil left one somewhere here one time. He never came back to take it because he had other and i found it again a day or two."

"You can take it if you find it. That way you'll be able to ride with me." I smiled to her as she excitingly waddled to her bedroom. She came back two minutes later with a helmet that was all black.

"Is this good ?"

"Yep. Did you ride with Phil ?"

Her gaze dropped. Huh ? "Actually, i never rode with him. I never rode a bike at all."

"Well, today's your day Jessy ! You'll have the privilege to ride with me, the best rider in the world." I said, pulling my hands out to her. She laughed a bit and took it.

"Hey, Judith. Do you think they will release Phil ? Hannah was found but he's still in jail." Jessy said while locking the door.

I attached my helmet at my chin, looking at her. "I'll have to ask Bloomgate about it. But they should let him free. Hannah was freed by the kidnapper and Phil was in jail at that time. They have nothing against him."

"Okay. Let's go then."

I nodded my head, going to my bike. Taking my spot on it, i patted behind me. "Come here, dear lady."

She laughed, closing her helmet. She took the spot behind me, circling my waist with her arms.

"Hold on tightly !" I heard her agreeing before i closed my visor.

Let's go.

The road had been fun, i could hear Jessy laughed, which made me smile. I was glad that she was having fun. At least she could think about something else for a short moment of time. I waited for us to be on an empty road to speed up a little. I knew what i was doing and i didn't actually go too fast. I just wanted to make Jessy happy a little bit.

When i recognize the surroundings, i slowed down gradually. "We're almost there !" I shouted to Jessy, hoping that she heard me. It could be possible as there was no other sound then my bike at the moment. A few minutes later, i slowed down once again at the side of the woods where there was actually a small road. I mean not actually a road, but some way that had been stepped on so much that it had created a way to walk inside. Riding on the small path, i was careful as to not be hit by any piece of wood.

The sight was pretty much the same as before. Minus the flames and smoke that were not here anymore. There was now a bunch of yellow tape around the remaining ashes on the ground. I stopped my bike a bit further, near some trees. I waited for Jessy to get down before doing so. Removing our helmet, i took Jessy's one and left it with mine on the bike.

"Well, this is it."

"There's nothing left..."

I turn to look at her. "Yeah. Pretty much everything burnt." I could see that she had tears in her eyes. She was probably reminded of Richy and how he had died. I was too.

"Well, all we have to do is wait for Dan now." I said, leaning a bit on my bike.

We were talking for a good five minutes when we heard a motor. We hadn't heard any car since we arrived so it was safe to believe that it was Dan.

Indeed, it was him. After hearing the car go silent, we expected to see him a second later. But he had to take his time. We finally heard him cursed at some tree. I sighed, rolling my eyes at the sky while Jessy chuckled.