Chapter Forty Seven

"So, how's your hacker ? Still in trouble ?"

Riding with Dan had been fun until we stopped at a border of the road. Not that it bothered me, i know that he didn't specially like Jake, but still.

"You do know that i'm with him now, right ? And that he has a name too" I said, taking my helmet off of my head.

"I like bothering people." He smirked, putting his helmet on top of his bike.

"He's doing good, thank you very much Dan."

"Fineee, i won't bother you anymore. Lilly and Hannah seemed happy to see him. You too i guess." He said, rolling his eyes to the sky.

"It's their brother, well, half-brother. By the way, i still don't know why you don't like him. Jake never really did anything to you." I said, leaning on my back while still sitting on my bike.

"Well," He scratched his beard with his hand. "I told you about my mom and what i refused to called father. He was abusive as fuck. He scarred my mom for life when he pushed her down that stairs. I just..." He moved his hand to his hair. "I just don't want anyone to stumble over someone like this ever again."

"I understand. But i promise to you, Jake is not like that. He would probably kill himself before hurting me." I said, shaking my head a bit.

"Won't do any bad in being careful."

"I know."

I understood where he was coming from, really. And it was nice to see him be worried like that. But Jake would never hurt me.

"Well, should we go back in town ?" I asked to him.

"Sure. I'll treat you to a drink." He winked at me before starting his bike once again. I didn't have time to say something that he was already gone on the road.

Maybe talking about his dad had not been a good feeling for him. I could understand that.

Some time later, we stopped at the Rainbow cafe. It seemed like this cafe was the favorite for the whole group. When we wanted to have a drink of something to eat, we would come here. Well, it was a good cafe so.

"After you, madam." Dan said, opening the door. I laughed and walked passed him.

"Thank you sir." I replied after he came in too.

We walked to a table and ordered a drink. I stayed with an orange juice while Dan took a soda. No more drinking when driving or riding. Cleo and Jessy would have my head if i let him drink.

"So, tell me more about your computer boy." Dan said. And i was secretly glad that he didn't use the term hacker like he always did. "Jessy told us you stayed with him last night."

"My god, i hope she didn't say anything weird. We just spend some time together. Were you all like this when Hannah and Thomas got together ?" I asked.

"Yeah. That was fun. One time we all thought it would be funny to wait until Hannah and Thomas left Thomas's house before throwing confetti and ribbons on them. They were pissed." He said, laughing. I had to admit, it seemed fun to look at.

"I kinda wish i was there to see it." I giggled, taking a sip of my water.

"Don't worry, once we know where he is, you'll be able to experience it, isn't that great Sherlock ?" He winked at me, making me roll my eyes while smiling.

"Please, do not do that. He will never go outside again if you do. And i kind of want to spend time with him outside once we can."

"We'll see. I'll ask Jessy the next time you spend the night there."