Chapter Fifty Seven

When Jake parked his car, i stopped him from getting out immediately. He turned to look at me, sitting back on the car's seat.

"Are you alright facing your pursuers ?" I asked.

"Ready or not is not the question. I am here so i will face them if needed to. I want to be able to live freely with you Judith."

I nodded my head and let go of his hand. We both got out, i silently watched Jake put his mask back on before i quickly took his hand again. We walked to where i entered last time and i wondered if that's where Jake had to enter when he worked here. He pressed a button on the side that i hadn't saw last time.

"State your purpose." A voice said.

"We are here to see Mister Marc Levoy in regard of the affair that is being treated." Jake said, sounding more serious then before. Maybe he was anxious too.

The voice didn't say anything more. A sound was heard and the door opened. Jake pushed it and left it open for me to enter. He followed soon after, closing the door behind us.

"Are we supposed to meet him in the same room as i did ?" I asked to Jake, whispering.

"Probabl-" Jake didn't get to finish his sentence.

"Follow me." I turn around and saw Adrian.

"That's the guy who came at the apartment." I whispered again to Jake. He was aware of that because he had listened to our conversation, but still. Without much longer, we followed him until we reached the same room as before like i had said.

"Please wait here. Someone will come get you when you will be needed." Adrian said, opening the door for us. We were barely inside that he closed the door behind us.

"Thank you Adrian, yes Adrian we'll wait here, Goodbye Adrian." I said. I hated people that didn't even care a little about how they should welcome other people.

"In my memories, they're all a bit like this." Jake said, laughing a bit. "I've calmed down a bit on the robotic voice since meeting you."

"You still do it sometimes. But i don't mind when you do, it's kind of cute actually." I said, smirking at him.

"Be quiet." Jake said, turning a bit. I could see a faint pink tint on his cheeks.

I said nothing and joined Jake who was leaning against the table. I leaned on it too, resting my head on his shoulder like i did every time i could. We stayed silent for a few minutes just listening to each other's breathing. After some time, a knock was heard. When the door opened, i heard Jake cursed under his breath.

"Jake ? Is that really you ?" The man said. He wasn't that tall, a bit smaller than Jake and had blond curly hair.

"Yeah."

I turn to Jake, seeing him look at the guy that showed up. He looked like he knew him. Who's this now ?

"Wait, are you... BNJ04 ? Dylan ?" I questioned. It could be him after all, Jake and him used to work together. And this guy seemed nice and he knew Jake.

"Huh, yes ?" He looked at me, tilting a bit his head. "Do i know you, somehow ?"

I shook my head. "No. But i know Jake. Why do you think i'm here ?" I said, raising an eyebrow. Are they not supposed to know this ?

"Oh, i see. I did heard that a woman was meeting Mister Levoy yesterday. I suppose it was you ?"

"Yes ? Or he's meeting more women i wouldn't know." I said, shrugging my shoulders. I turn back to Jake. "So, you worked with him then ?"

"Yes. I told you a bit about him. He's safe, do not worry." Jake nodded his head.

"Good." I crossed my arms, looking at Dylan. "You're better than Adrian at least."

"Oh, you were entrust in his hand ? Yes, he's more... professional than most here."

"Right. So, are you bringing us somewhere or are we waiting somebody else ?"

"I'm bringing you to Mister Levoy. So if you could follow me please." He said, opening the door once again.

We followed him in the corridors. Jake stayed silent and i couldn't think about what Jake was thinking. His face remained impassive. Was he happy to see Dylan ? Was he sad ? Angry ? I didn't know. His hand was still in mine, tightening it from time to time. He didn't say it, but i knew he appreciated that i was here, with him. And that he was not alone.

We walked for what seemed a long time before Dylan stopped in front of a big wooden door. The eagle from the German Government was carved on the doors.

"This is the Plenary Hall. Mister Levoy is here with his right hand, Mister Glave. They are also ten members of the higher ranks of the government. They will all be judging the twenty three persons that were inculpated for the frauds and traffics. They will also be present, arrested, watched by the FBI and behind a glass room that was put there."

"Okay. Do we just come in after knocking ?" I asked him.

"Yes, they are expecting you. More so expecting Jake. But you can come too...?" Dylan looked at me, tilting his head a bit.

"Oh ! My name's Judith, sorry. I'm a bit stressed." I said, extending my hand to him. I didn't know if i should do that but i did anyway. He took my hand and shook it.

"It's alright. I will leave you here. I have things to attend. I was just tasked to bring you here. And i wanted to see if what's going on is real." He said, looking at Jake.

Jake, who was still wearing his mask, nodded is head to him. "It is more than real, Dylan. I'm going to bring justice for those who suffered."

"I'm glad you're doing what i could never do." Dylan said, extending his hand to Jake. Jake took it and stayed like that for a second or two. "I'm glad you're doing alright Jake."

"I'm glad too. Thank you Dylan."

After that, Dylan left us in front of the door. I turned to Jake and took a breath. After one glance at me, he brought his hand to the door and knocked on it twice. Not even two seconds later, it opened and we were faced by rows of blue chairs. A glass mirror with on eagle was at the top of a few stairs. Like Dylan had said, a sort of glass room was there, behind it was a bunch of men.

"Ah, Miss Tolis. I thought you would bring him to me." I looked to where Levoy was standing. Other men where there with three women.

I gulped and responded to him. "We made a contract i believe."

"That we did. Please do come in and take a place." He said, pointing with his hand two empty chair on his side.

Tightening Jake's hand one last time, we both walked to where he was indicating. We could see and feel the persons present here looking at us without speaking. Once we sat down, Levoy did the same.

"Well, i do believe that everyone is there now. We shall start." Levoy said, looking at his employees.

It's now or never.