Chapter Forty One

>Me
He wants to meet.

>Jake
Tell him to meet me at the wasteland again.

>Me
I'll go with you.

>Jake
You're still with Jessy and Phil. I can handle the situation.

>Me
I don't care.

"Jessy, Phil, would it be okay with you if i go ?" I asked, turning to them to see them watching me with worry. "I'm not in trouble, i swear. I just want to go with Jake."

"Of course, i'll call Dan if i want to go home." Jessy said.

"Thank you." I hug her.

"Keep us posted when you can alright ?" Phil said, ruffling my hair from where he was because he couldn't hug me or anything else.

"Don't worry. Bye."

I waved at them and got out. Touching Alan's name on my phone i asked him to meet us there and started my bike.

When i parked my bike, Alan was there but not Jake. I removed my helmet, stepping over my bike. Alan opened his car and got out.

"Did you watch them ?"

"I did. Let's wait for your... friend." I never told him that Jake and me were involved but he seemed to catch up really fast on the situation.

We stayed mostly quiet until Jake arrived ten minutes later. I stood back up from where i was leaning on my bike and walked to his car once he stopped it. He only had time to stepped out of his car that i was hugging him.

"I told you i could handle it." Jake said, hugging me for a second.

I pulled back, smirking to him. "I would never miss the opportunity to bring the government to the ground."

"Right." He smiled before looking to Alan who was watching us. We walked to him, side by side.

"Hello, thank you for coming this quickly." Alan said, shaking hands with Jake. It's only now that i noticed that he was wearing leather gloves. That's... kind of attractive. But well, i don't have time for this.

"I gathered you had time to look at everything ?"

"Yes. Its was... I don't even have words to describe it. I never thought the government could hide that much." Alan said, putting his hand on his eyes for a second. "The things i saw... Now i understand why they're looking for you. If that comes out, they're done for good."

"But do you have the power to do so ?" I asked. Because honestly, i didn't know how Alan would be able to bring that in the open.

"I thought about it. I would need your help, to do more." He was looking at Jake. I had a bad feeling. And Jake seemed to understand where Alan was going.

"I can't show myself to them. It is far too dangerous."

"And i would never allow that to happen. I didn't look for Jake everywhere for him to be ambushed again Alan."

"If you want me to help you, i need help. I can't possibly do that alone."

Jake seemed to think about what Alan was saying, and i didn't liked that for one bit.

"What do you need ?"

"I need all the names of the people involved in all the crimes that are in those files. I noticed a few who were nearly always in them. They're probably the leaders. I need their names."

"That's all ? There is a number of people working for the government but as far as i know, only twenty three of them are implied in it."

"How do you know ?" Alan asked, raising an eyebrow.