22 | I Did Something Bad

Start from the beginning

"Don't speed too fast Jisung, I'll get there in fifteen"

"I'll see you there," I said before hanging up. My hands got sweaty with anticipation. We needed to find him and this is the first piece of information we got all week.

I tried not to speed but I couldn't help it, I rush there and when I pulled into the dirt driveway I saw Changbin's car and Chan's—along with a few of our men.

I get off and Changbin walks out of the house "Nothing-"

"Fuck!" I yell, this fucker is really starting to piss me off.

"He was here though, I sent out a few of our men to go looking around. He's not far and they left behind a lot of things. Last time we thought they were in a rush but this time we really caught them by surprise"

I walk to the porch stairs and sit down, my head in my hands as a raging headache pounds in my head "This will make me go insane"

"Maybe you should take a few days off, we'll cancel our pickups tomorrow and you can rest and spend the weekend with Minho" He was worried about me, and I can tell by the tone of his voice.

He sits beside me and I look up "I shouldn't have to put my life on hold because of a stubborn motherfucker who didn't pay me back" I spat.

I pull my phone out and notice that it was dead, I groan.  Now I couldn't even call my only source of fucking happiness.

"It's not putting your life on hold, it's just taking time to regain your thoughts. We can't be out here losing it"

"Okay, but we can't cancel pickups. We can send Chan and he can leave it with Park at the club" Changbin agrees.

"Good idea, cancelling would only disrupt our schedule for other pickups"

I look at my dead phone, "I'll meet you inside, I'm just gonna run to my car and plug this in". Changbin nods and we both get up,  he walks into the house and I jog up to my car. Opening the door and plugging my phone in. I didn't bother to turn it on as I left it and jogged back to the house.

I walked inside and he was right, it looked like everyone just got up and left. The place was decent but nothing special. I walked around and the floorboards creaked with each step I took. I rub my middle and pointer finger along the fireplace top—collecting the dust and realizing this place was abandoned before.

I stilled as it hit me, I turn to Changbin and Chan who looked around for anything. "Guys," I said, making them look at me "I think I see the pattern"

"Pattern?"

"Yes, pattern. Every location we've when to has previously been abandoned. I know it's a lot but have our tech pull up all the abandoned houses and buildings"

Chan nods and pulls out his phone in a hurry as he walks out of the room.

"You think we'll find him now?"

"I can only hope"

"We'll find him if that's tomorrow or months from now—we will"

I nod "Yeah, I'm just impatient and I'm tired of having this lingering question in my head—when will he actually strike or is he just trying to keep up on our toes?"

"You actually think this is a game to him?"

"Yeah, someone wouldn't take this long to avenge their kids death. If it was me, I would have already tortured and killed the person"

Chan walks back in "They said they will send the addresses over"

"When we get the addresses we should send our men to them immediately instead of going ourselves. There are too many and it wouldn't be possible to go to each of them at a time"