22 | I Did Something Bad

⚠️CW: MENTIONS OF PHYSICAL ABUSE⚠️

*Song rec - Die Alone
by Finneas*

I look around, my arms crossed as I walk around the empty space. Trying to picture everything but it didn't feel right, it didn't feel enough.

The walls were white and the place looked newly built but maybe that was the problem. This place had no character. I said I wanted perfect but this was too perfect, it wasn't him. Minho didn't like perfect, I knew that now.

At first, when I offered to help him I was so insistent on finding something without a single flaw but now that I'm in more of a normal head space I knew Minho would rather something that he wouldn't mind changing around, but if it was like this—clean and untouched, he would be hesitant to do hardly anything to it. Not want to damage a thing and I didn't want that. I wanted him to do everything he always dreamed of and not hold back.

I'll do that for him. I'll buy it for him, I'll help him renovate it and I'll give him my opinion when he asks for it and most importantly I'll support him. If he wanted the walls yellow i'll help him paint them or if he wanted some crazy bold pattern I'll smile fondly at him and still I'll show my support, because it's his. His dream and his future. I'll do anything to help him and give that to him.

I turn around to Park who walks in, his eyes roaming the place "Beautiful isn't it?". His eyes found mine as I nod.

"It is" My eyes look over it again before looking back at him "But it's not what I'm looking for sadly"

His eyebrows raise "No? I think it's had everything you asked for. A good part of the city, great lighting, new-"

I nod "True but looking at it now, it's not what I want"

"What is it you want now?"

"Character," I said simply, "Something that he would have fun with renovating and turning into his own. Still want it to be in a safe spot but something less new and flawless"

"Got it, that should be easier to find" He pulls out his phone and starts typing.

"You're not gonna fight me on this?"

Park chuckles and looks up at me again, and shakes his head "No Jisung, it's your money I just help you manage it wisely and make sure you don't blow it on irrelevant shit"

"How are you so sure I'm not lying and it's not for as you say "irrelevant shit"?"

"The look in your eyes is how I can tell how serious you are about finding the perfect space. I mean you never personally came along with me when we previously looked for new spaces for our business but with this, you've wanted updates on every viewing I visited"

Fuck, I'm down bad.

My phone rings loudly through the empty room, echoing through the space. "Thanks again, and send me the potentials" Park nods and I walk out of the building, pulling out my phone to see Changbin calling.

"Hello?"

"I sent over an address, we don't have much time so I can't pick you up"

"Is something going on?" I rush to my car, get in, and put my phone on speaker as I look through my messages and put the address in the GPS.

"We have a new location on Moon and if we're lucky he could be there and if not he's close by"

I start my car and drive fast, it was thirty minutes away. "Fuck! I'm thirty minutes away"