46 | Little Brother

I sat up on the bed, the sun barely rising so the room was still mostly dark. My gaze goes to the other side of the bed where Minho lies.

Sleeping soundly, his chest rising and falling and his cheek squished against the pillow—his mouth was slightly open and I smile softly.

Leaning down and placing a small kiss on his forehead before getting out of bed and walking to the restroom.

I turn on the shower and strip the sweat off my body, walking into the hot steaming water. Letting it wake me up as I wash my body and my hair quickly.

Changbin wasn't who woke me up this morning or anyone for that matter. I woke up because I had my own things to do. I had my own plans.

I step out of the shower and grab a towel, drying off my body and then wrapping it around my waist. I walk out of the bathroom and see Minho was still asleep, making me continue to be as quiet as I can so I don't wake the male.

I walk into the closet and grab a pair of black slacks and a navy dress shirt. A dress shirt means business, I had business to take care of.

As I finish putting on my clothes, I walk out of the closet, drying my hair. My gaze couldn't help but look over the male laying peacefully in our bed, surrounded by three cats that now occupied my spot.

After a few seconds of admiring the sleeping male, I walk back to the restroom to finish getting ready.

-

My hand hesitantly opens the door, seeing the familiar male in the middle of the room. Sitting on a chair and he looks up immediately meeting my gaze.

Tension filled the room as I walk in, for the first time I was by myself in the room with Jae.

I grab a chair and place it in front of him, keeping a distance as I sit down.

"I know who you are"

Jae gives a small smile, "Took you long enough"

I roll my eyes and sit back in the chair "Why didn't you just tell me?"

Jae sigh and shrugs "It's easier said than done if you think about it. I showed up just being Minho's boyfriend—"

I furrow my brows "You used him"

Jae shook his head, making me stop "No, I didn't" I shouldn't want to know about his relationship with Minho but I did. I wanted to know how they met and I wanted to know what led them both to want to move away together to a city neither of them was familiar with. "It was later on when I found out you were the infamous ex that broke the poor boy's heart"

"How did y'all meet?" I asked, I could ask Minho but something tells me he will fit it to my liking other than the truth.

Jae looks over my face, realizing now that I was completely calm—trying to understand all of this and maybe apart felt bad for his little brother.

"I was passing through town one night, I guess it happened to be graduation night" I look down. Graduation night, one months after I left. "He was out at a small restaurant with his family, where I decided to stop and eat before continuing my drive" I look up and Jae had a sad smile at the memory "I remember when I was walking out I heard quiet cries from the side of the restaurant and so I checked it out"

Jae chuckles "I will say, he was a dick to me" I chuckle along and nod.

"He gets that a lot when you first meet him," I said, not realizing the tension slowly fade.

"I asked him what was wrong, and he glared at me, telling me fuck off and I laughed. He probably thought I was insane but instead, he pushed me and started rambling on about his ex that left him and how they had plans after graduation but now he was all alone" I swallow harshly "I hugged him as he cried on my shoulder, but it didn't last long as he pushed me off and walked away as nothing happened"

I look down, "So y'all were together for that long?"

"No" I look up and Jae shook his head "No, that's just when we met" He starts, "But shouldn't you know that Minho doesn't easily give in to things at first?" Jae sighed and fixes himself on the chair, before continuing "I left that night, continuing my drive but he kept coming back to my mind. A month later, I was driving back home and I had to pass through this little town again. I decided to take my chances and go back to this restaurant in hopes to see him again"

"And you did, I'm assuming"

Jae smiles and nods "Yeah, but this time he was with two other boys"

I furrow my brows before realizing "Seungmin and Jeongin?"

Jae nods again "Yeah, I was confused at first but greeted them nonetheless—I didn't have anything to lose and I knew I would regret it if I didn't" Jae licks his dry lips "Jeongin was the most open at first, he was the one who invited me to sit and Seungmin I think hated me for the first year of knowing me"

I chuckle and nod "Yeah, he and I grew pretty close growing up. I'm sure he noticed your interest in Minho"

"He did, pretty early on," Jae said, "That's kinda where it started. I was driving up into town and hanging out with them and soon it was only Minho and I"

I swallow harshly "How—" I hated myself for asking this "How long did it take for y'all to get together?"

Jae was quiet for a moment before speaking up "I first kissed him three months after knowing him but he quickly shut it down and said he wasn't ready for anything and so I didn't try anything after that"

Jae looks over me "A year" He said, making me inhale "A year after meeting we were hanging out and he made the move first"

I look down and nod "But after we told me he didn't want a relationship, he just wanted to forget" I look up and Jae looks at me sadly, probably knowing this hurt a part of me "I think he waited that whole year for you Jisung. You never showed and so he lost hope"

"Your dad killed my dad," I said. Tired of hearing his story.

Jae froze "What?"

"Don't act surprised, he killed our mom and years after he killed my dad"

Jae shook his head "Who told you that?"

"My people, they got ahold of Moon's files and he has it all there—didn't you know?

"No—No Jisung I didn't know about you until Minho finally said your name and I took it upon myself to look into you. I found out about you being my brother and that was that." He said "Years later my dad calls saying you killed my brother and this was after our encounter at the club"

"You knew who I was that night?"

"Yes, and so did—" Jae stops "I guess a part of me was still mad that you spend her last moments with her and I didn't"

"You know I'm gonna kill your dad, right?"

Jae stares at me before saying " You can't if you don't know where he is", Jae sits up a bit "But let me tell you, something brother, to brother"

"I know where he is"

You know what this means right?

"Darling" is almost coming to an end, but if you don't follow me already please do because I inform y'all a lot on things I have planned and my upcoming works

love you all,

don't worry, "Darling" still has a (small) way to go.